PDA

View Full Version : How well does Poorboys stack up?

Pages : [1] 2

crimson
06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I have to order some new supplies, and was thinking about getting one of the following...

1.) Menzerna IP, Menzerna FP, S100

2.) Klasse AIO, Klasse High Gloss Sealant, S100

3.) DACP (No idea where to buy it from), #7, #26

4.) SSR2, Professional Polish, EX-P

So which of the following is the best route...and how well does Poorboys stack up to the competition.

Also, is Menzerna IP FP te same as Klasse?

imported_eggroll
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Menzerna IP, and FP are polishes, not the same as klasse.

I would go with #2, or #4. You can actually go straight from SSR2 to EX-P with a polishing pad. I didn`t get any marring from it, but if you do PP is a good follow up. SSR2 under EX-P gives a glossy look, PP under EX-P gives a clearer shine.

I use PP for a lot of things, waterspots, metal polish, glass, taillights... EX-P gives a clear wet look.

The klasse has really good durability, I would say more so than EX-P. Standing alone, the klasse twins give a bright reflective look, putting s100 over will give it more depth a liquidity.

Both good choices depending on what you`re looking for.

imported_Interspy24
06-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Poorboy`s stuff is awesome. I use ssr2, pwc, and spray and wipe. Everything is very easy to use and Steve is great to work with. I would definately recommend his products.

Vik

crimson
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
So what would I use Menzerna IP and Fp for?

And would #2 give me as good results as #4? Basicall I`m looking for a new routine to detail cars. So would Klasse removes webbing and the such? Or would I have to use DACP, then Klasse, Or Menzerna then Klasse?

imported_Unreal
06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
KSG wont do nothing for your webbing and swirls.

AIO is a great product but I find it doesnt do much more than clean and that it does really well.

I would use DACP or IP to attack them.

imported_Intel486
06-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I love the poorboy stuff that I have.

I`ve had Poorboy`s Professional Polish for awhile and it`s awesome. I would use it with my random orbital buffer as a final polish on my customer`s vehicles as well as mine. It truly works great and works well in the sun where I have to do a good but of detailing.

I just got his EX-P in the other day and have since only done one vehicle with it. I think it`s easier to buff off than S100/P21S. When I have free time, possibly early next week, I`m gonna try to get some on my truck.

The Spray and Wipe is a great product. I love it because, again, it works awesome in the sun! How well do I like it? Well, I bought 5 gallons of it.

I have a bottle of his SSR2.5 but have not had a chance to try it out yet. I plan on using it on my truck first to test it out.

imported_BretFraz
06-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Depends on how you`re detailing; if you`re using a rotary products like #2 and #4 are fine. I prefer Meg`s BSP line for modern paint tech, their old skool polishes are better suited for older tech paint types IMO.

If detailing by hand and you need cut power, I`d still stick with BSP or the 1Z line which is simple and easy to use. 3M stuff is also a good choice if you can decipher their product line.

crimson
06-17-2004, 04:49 PM
I`ll be using a PC 7424 for all the paint work.

tom p.
06-17-2004, 05:05 PM
PwC followed by EX never fails to impress me. Good products, value-priced and easy to work with.

:xyxthumbs

ALAN81
06-17-2004, 05:32 PM
EVERY PRODUCT that I ever used from POORBOYS worked for me Not to mention STEVE is a class act

bmwjorge22
06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Intel486,

Do you use Spray and Wipe for all your washes or just when there is light road dust on the car? I am interested in this product but concerned about it causing swirls by dragging heavy dirt on the paint.

Fleet
06-17-2004, 06:01 PM
I like the Poorboys products a lot. EX and EX-P are both excellent sealants. Very easy to apply, and they bead water like you wouldn`t believe. PwC and PP are good mild polishes. SSR1 works well for me as a base for EX-P. However, SSR2 is not much stronger than SSR1. I was disappointed by the strength of SSR2. For swirl removal, you may want to step up to 2.5, but I haven`t tried it.

freedre
06-17-2004, 06:08 PM
My winning combo is:

SSR1

PPP

EX

EX-P

I use SSR1 for everything. I am going to see if it will cure my arthritis.

crimson
06-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Just one more question. Where can I buy DACP? I`ve looked everywhere.

And I`m going to try a variety, such as SSR2 topped with AIO, SG, P21S.

ZaneO
06-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Here`s one place: http://autogeek.net/megdualaccle.html - 10% discount there.