PDA

View Full Version : SFP#82 or Speed Glaze #80????

Pats300zx
06-17-2004, 07:31 AM
I am looking to pick up a new polish that is not as abrasive as DACP for my show car. I already have some Megs #9 and #81 Hand Polish.

If I had to choose which would be better #82 SFP or #80 Speed Glaze??? I have been hearing great things about #80 and was wondering if its worth giving it a try.

EBPcivicsi
06-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I like to have both around. :D

Give the speed glaze a try, you will love it!

stilez
06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
I tried #80 - Speed Glaze for the first time today and I have to say it pretty much put SFP and DACP in the back seat.

It cuts pretty hard at first, like DACP, but then the oils allow it to polish to a brilliant shine quite quickly. I used it with a polishing pad on the rotary at 1500 rpm on a heavily abused finish. I put heavy pressure on it to see if I`d see buffer swirls after working it completely in...and NONE!

2 negatives - you have to wipe it off quickly otherwise it gets blochy and I noticed a decent amount of dusting...could just be that I was chewing at the dead clearcoat though.

All in all, like I said, a true winner!

PS - Took about 3.5 ounces to do an entire Expedition which was oxidized, swirled, and rainspotted everywhere.

imported_COBRyan
06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Heard good things about both, Im gonna try SG

Scottwax
06-18-2004, 12:19 AM
If you are only going to get one, then get #80 since it is a bit more aggressive but breaks down at least as nicely as #82 does.