PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with ZYMOL users?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Corey Bit Spank
06-16-2004, 11:16 PM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172722

Oh man it`s comparable to zaino: good product, arrogant users.

thinkweb
06-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Yah, its real tough to get a nice shine out of an `04 M3...

Congrats on wasting $40! lol. Let`em do what ever they want; it makes them happy! :up

dternst
06-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Perhaps the heading should read: "What is the deal with ________ users?"

I don`t think any user can be left out of this sentence. To think that your group doesn`t belong, only proves that it does.

Members without experience using a certain product, always has something negative to say about that product. Just to push the product(s) they use as the "best".

Members makes outrageous claims regarding the product they use.

We all have different requirements for the product(s) we use on our automobiles. For that reason, what works for me, may not necessarily work for you. You may not what to spend that much time deailing you car, you may what more depth, more durability, etc.

Since when has it been a sin to be a fanatic? You mean to tell me that no one that participants in this forum is a fanatic? Let`s face it we are all fanatics.

C-MDX
06-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Look at post #7, is he saying it for real??

Corey Bit Spank
06-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by C-MDX

Look at post #7, is he saying it for real??

When you buy something for that much money, and expect it to be better then products that are already very very good, you`re probably not going to be able to tell much of a difference, yet you`ll think it looks better. If you know what I mean.

And there`s nothing wrong with being a fanatic, as long as you understand that there`s a world out there.

Scottwax
06-17-2004, 12:47 AM
$40 is nothing, I spent $70 on Souveran. I don`t see where he is claiming everything else sucks, just that it is the best he has tried.

hirosh
06-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Have you ever smelt Zymol`s stuff? Better than NXT`s jujubees! :D

But really, when he says glossy, is that what glossy is suppose to look like? I thought glossy was something like shiney, and well, I don`t think it looks *that* shiney, nothing like I`ve seen here, but more of matte look. :nixweiss

Just wondering.

Corey Bit Spank
06-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by hirosh

Have you ever smelt Zymol`s stuff? Better than NXT`s jujubees! :D

But really, when he says glossy, is that what glossy is suppose to look like? I thought glossy was something like shiney, and well, I don`t think it looks *that* shiney, nothing like I`ve seen here, but more of matte look. :nixweiss

Just wondering.

If he wants glossy he shouldn`t have bought a silver car. Heh. Heheh.

NXT`s jujubees make me itch. :p

hirosh
06-17-2004, 01:56 AM
:p :D hmmm, maybe i`ll my zymol-using friend if i could try his stuff and achieve the same level of gloss. it be interesting to see.

what? how does nxt`s jujubees make you itch? :D

sw20_og
06-17-2004, 02:17 AM
In a recent thread on the MR2 forum about removing swirls, a guy who knows nothing about detailing tried to debate me and a fellow member on how Zymol is the best...especially at taking out swirls. Here are some of his posts...you be the judge:

this will get rid of the swirls GARENTEED (sp?)

1: get yurself to yur local walmart

2: get a bottle of "zymol"

3: get an application pad (if u have one already, shut up, get a new one)

4: wash your car

5: pull car into garage or in the shade. VERY VERY important.

6: apply wax (WARNING: this wax smells awesome. its like hawaiian tropic. very addicting too. i wax once a week and look foward to it everytime.

7: after wax, use spray wax (ne SW will do, i use zymol for this also)

8: let it sit in the garage or shady spot for about an hour. not a necessary step, but i do it so the wax will settle in

NOTE: it might not do it the first wax, but it WILL work.

not necessarily....but it is (IMO) the best wax. im not trying to start a "best wax" debate. waxing in the shade is enuf to take out the swirls. but if u want that long lasting shine that will win the hearts of many and make your neighbors jealous (lol, i know i sounded like a commercial, i did that on purpose). give it a try, its like 12 bucks a bottle and itll last a pretty good while

just FYI, i wax my car every week cuz i like to have clean cars. my brother is a professional detailer and he showed me the proper way of car care. zymol is an extremely durable wax and beads the water far better than any other wax i have had on my car. i could go on debating this issue, but im not, id like to think im above that. its preferrance thing. i like what i like, u like what u like. lets end it civilized.

...and my steps that have been forementioned are steps that i personally have found to work excellent (to where i get reconized by judges at car shows for having the CLEANEST CAR) i have taken best at shows and various other awards, so i know just a lil some`n some`n about appearance.

I think this guy ingested too much Zymol!!

MattZ28
06-17-2004, 02:34 AM
HAHA oh yeah, waxing in the shade alone will get rid of swirls, damn, where have we all been!!??! WHY did we spend all this money on machines such as the Porter Cable 7424 when we can simply apply wax in the shade to get the desired results!?!

Yup, he knows "just a lil some`n some`n about appearance" -- "GARENTEED"!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Someone smack this guy.

C-MDX
06-17-2004, 02:38 AM
Quote #3. Ofcourse it`s durable and it beads water, dude, you wax your car every week whereas some (not all) of us wax it only once a month. Ofcourse it`s durable!!! Oh, and how bout SG/WG/Zaino (or other durable sealant) vs. Zymol. Lets see which lasts longer :D??

Mr Concours
06-17-2004, 06:24 AM
I dont feel Zymol is a bad product range its just WAY overpriced.

Aimed at the top end of the market,people with no detailing experiance are going to think Zymol is better than say NXT ect,just because it costs a shed load more.

Having said that I am sill using Zymols HD cleans,so if anyone knows of a simlar product made buy someone else I am listening. :bow I was wondering if the P21s cleaner was simlar?

Zymol does smell lovely but I dont mind the smell of NXT at all.

togwt
06-17-2004, 07:29 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Mr Concours- P21S Paint Cleaner has a very effect and provides oils for the resin (paint) very similar to Zymol HD Cleanse (but Zymol is still my preference)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Zymol, Groit’s, Zanio, etc expensive, yes, will we keep paying the price for we want, again yes. What’s the best wax / sealant product, PFSP (paint film surface preparation)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

topnotchtouch
06-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Hey, I have a jar of Zymol Creme and I paid $45 bucks for it :D Really, not kidding :o

I take it out every now and then just to smell it. :xyxthumbs

Scott,

What are your thoughts on Souveran? I have been thinking about trying it but, am a little hesitant due to the cost.