PDA

View Full Version : Interior Trim (wood, aluminum,etc)

ANB
06-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I have wood trim in my BMW and in the sun it looks like it has hundreds of tiny little scratches in the clear coat on top of the wood. Its mostly around where the shifter is. Those of you with this trim know what I`m talking about. Its almost like a really clear plastic over it? I don`t know what it is exactly.

I`ve only cleaned this area a couple of times (brand new car) and it was with a plush MF, so I know I didn`t scratch it. Its really only visible when the sun is directly hitting it.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this or at least hide them?

Thanks!:D

NJwrbT-WRX
06-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Not positive this would work, make sure somebody else backs me up on this before you try it, but Plastx should do the trick.

-joe

slov98
06-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I have plastx and fake wood with scratches, I guess I`ll try it on a small area.. I have always used MF also, I guess they do scratch...ha ha

I know some have applied wax but that would only seem to protect it not hide or disappear

Accumulator
06-17-2004, 11:07 AM
I`ve always treated interior wood trim about the same way I treat paint (mild polishes), only more gently. I usually chicken out before I get all the marring out and just layer wax on it to make it less noticeable.

A lot of aluminum trim is anodized, and when *that* gets marred, there`s nothing you can do about it. Again, I just use my LSP of choice on it.