PDA

View Full Version : Cheap MF`s and debris?

commoditybroker
06-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Hey all!

I just went to Costco and got the 16 pack of MF towels for about $10. I washed them in cold water with a LIGHT detergent, no bleach, etc.

Upon my first use (either dry or a bit damp), the towels appear to "shead" some sort of debris on the car. It almost looks like it is leaving a trail of crystal dust on the finish. It can be removed by using a Cali car duster or a cotton towel lightly, but no matter how I use them, this "dust" is left.

Is this beause they are cheap MF`s? They are an 80/20 mix made in China...too cheap to use??

04MysticCobra
06-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by commoditybroker

Hey all!

I just went to Costco and got the 16 pack of MF towels for about $10. I washed them in cold water with a LIGHT detergent, no bleach, etc.

Upon my first use (either dry or a bit damp), the towels appear to "shead" some sort of debris on the car. It almost looks like it is leaving a trail of crystal dust on the finish. It can be removed by using a Cali car duster or a cotton towel lightly, but no matter how I use them, this "dust" is left.

Is this beause they are cheap MF`s? They are an 80/20 mix made in China...too cheap to use??

I have had my yellow costco towels now about 5 months and I never experienced any problems with them leaving any debris behind. the only thing that has happened to mine was the color faded after repeated washings. I wash them warm/cold with liquid detergent and add distilled white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I dry them with a cool dry tumble in my dryer. keeps them nice and soft. I use my yelo MF towels mainly for Interior, Glass and other non paint finish tasks. I use only the Blue Elite MF`s from Microfibertech and the DF Concours towels from Microfiberplus for my paints finish. they are my favorites for removing glazes and waxes/sealants.

Later,04MysticCobra.

commoditybroker
06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks Cobra. Great advice, I will try that was cycle...