PDA

View Full Version : Canadians! What products do you wish were here?

imported_SVT4ME
06-16-2004, 07:52 AM
We all know us Canuks don`t have the ease of accessability like the USA so what products do you wish you were able to get in Canada? I did not include the products that are already available. What I mean by available is a Canadian Distributor so we can avoid Duties, brokerage and so on!

imported_Blake
06-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Poorboys Products really stand out. Made my vote.

stevet
06-16-2004, 08:39 AM
What do you mean when you say "get in Canada"? Do you mean purchase local in a store? A lot of the products mentioned on here the Americans can`t buy local either they have to use the internet and have the stuff mailed to them. I can get anything I want over the net and have it delivered to the door.

I really dont think we are any worse off than the Americans when it comes to getting detailing products local. I can get 80% of the stuff I use local. The other 20% is stuff that most Americans can`t get local either like quality MF, Klasse, Poorboy`s, Four Star, and things like that. I just order this stuff online.

imported_SVT4ME
06-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by stevet

What do you mean when you say "get in Canada"? Do you mean purchase local in a store? A lot of the products mentioned on here the Americans can`t buy local either they have to use the internet and have the stuff mailed to them. I can get anything I want over the net and have it delivered to the door.

I really dont think we are any worse off than the Americans when it comes to getting detailing products local. I can get 80% of the stuff I use local. The other 20% is stuff that most Americans can`t get local either like quality MF, Klasse, Poorboy`s, Four Star, and things like that. I just order this stuff online.

I edited the original post!

2wheelsx2
06-16-2004, 05:08 PM
You should have made the choices multiple. I want PB, 4Star (already have UPP, and the leather cleaner/conditioners), and more MF products. :)

Inzane
06-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Well, there are a lot of online companies that will cater to Canadian customers and ship via the Postal Service which eliminates the concern of brokerage fees, etc. Among them are CMA, TOL, Autopia Store, Pakshak, etc. There service and shipping rates are quite reasonable.

One of the biggest problems I have is with Meguiar`s products that aren`t available through Meguiar`s Canada. There are quite a few items in the US Professional Catalog that we just can`t get. And Meguiar`s USA won`t ship to Canada directly with anything but UPS courier unfortunately.

Things that would be of most benefit to a Canadian like me would be the big detailing line stuff from Meguiar`s, that`s only available in the US and only in a minimum of 1 Gallon quantities. Stuff like:

- Final Detail

- APC+

- Engine Kote (but this is being discontinued anyway).

etc.

bboy850
06-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Poorboys Products and Clearkote also...Also, the Meguiars products that Inzane mentioned.

imported_Blake
06-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Agree there is a substantial problem with Meguiars. Also the price differences are very substantial and certainly don`t just account for the value of the buck. I agree with Stevet that most items can be ordered in and most suppliers will ship USPS that limits brokerage charges. Steve @ Poorboys and Scott @ Specialty Motoring have both been excellent to deal with.

freedre
06-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Put me down for Poorboys, but I understand we are getting a distributor soon.

Hooray