PDA

View Full Version : newbie

RandyW
10-10-2004, 05:41 PM
I just started checking out the site and cant believe it. Im somewhat embarrassed about my detailing skills. I take alot of pride in cleaning my ride but now I realize im not even in the game. I normally use mothers phase 1 - 3 and sometimes nu shine (what a dope, huh). Trust me Im cleaning off my shelves and restocking. Until then Im just keeeping my eyes open (to this site).

rollman
10-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Greetings and :welcome to the DC ! Nothing wrong with Mothers 1-3 . I think once you read through the thread here you`ll see its not the products but the prep work that counts the most. :bigups Look forward to reading your posts.

:dcrules

JaredPointer
10-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Welcome to DC. You`ll learn a lot here. Don`t be embarassed either....Most of the time it`s process, not product, that make the detail.

Big Leegr
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah. Mothers 3 step is good stuff. As your skills increase you may realize how versatile (and "stupid-proof" to quote a rep) the Mothers line is. Sometimes it`s better not to have something that`s too powerful, as more damage can happen quicker.
That said, there`s a lot o` good stuff mentioned on the board too. :naughty
One thing I`d recommend to look at getting is at least a 1 step wax that can be used in the sun, in case you don`t have a garage. I wonder if there is such a thing available from one of the vendor sponsors? Oh, Hello Steve! Is that a bottle of Poorboys Polish with Carnauba in your hand? :)

RandyW
10-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the greeting. To be honest i never tried claying and poorboys sound like it something worth looking into. i own a 03 exped. trust me its alot of work(thats overlooked when its all shined up).And here s. Ca. the desert the sun is no joke.
i would like to try the poorboys product any ideas where to start?

JaredPointer
10-14-2004, 08:25 AM

Depending on your swirls/scratches --> SSR 2.5 & SSR 1
ProPolish
Depending on color --> darker color = EX, lighter color/metallic = EX-P
And get some Natty`s too
Also get some Spray and Wipe and some Quick Detailer+ for sprucing up inbetween washings.

Big Leegr
10-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the greeting. To be honest i never tried claying and poorboys sound like it something worth looking into. i own a 03 exped. trust me its alot of work(thats overlooked when its all shined up).And here s. Ca. the desert the sun is no joke.

Give Steve a call. :phone: I`ve heard he knows a thing ot 2 about the Poorboys line. :D
You could also look at the vendors listed on the Poorboys website. There may be one right near you so you could get in an in-person consultation.
I think Beemerboy distributes and details with the line, so he might even be able to show you how the stuff works!