PDA

View Full Version : Extractor Service Center (Lack of!)

AMDin93103
06-15-2004, 07:55 PM
I am in the market for an extractor this summer, along with quite a few others I`ve noticed.

I`m in Santa Barbara and from all the calls I have made and googlefinity searches I cannot find a service center closer than Oxnard or Santa Maria, each roughly fourty-five minutes to an hour away.

I could sport an off name and hope that the trip to the service center never comes or. . . should I sport the Mytee and drive to LA (~hour and a half) if the damn thing gives me trouble? What (if any) are the service intervals of extractors in general?

I am sort of set on a Mytee HP60 but a factory service center is not so close. Every time I send Mytee an email they direct me to DetailKings sales/support department and all I get are a merchants opinions.

I feel so all alone here in the Central Coast. :( :p Please let me know if I have overlooked something.

Hey Patrick: you know of anyone on the upper side of TO that sells/services Mytee`s?

-Stu.

jimmybuffit
06-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Do some serious LOCAL searching for a distributor of profesional carpet cleaning supplies and equipment.

One place to start might be Bridgepoint.com Look for the "Find a dealer" link...

A place to start.

Me, I`d strongly suggest the Century 400 Sensei unit.

Jim

AMDin93103
06-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

Do some serious LOCAL searching for a distributor of profesional carpet cleaning supplies and equipment.

One place to start might be Bridgepoint.com Look for the "Find a dealer" link...

A place to start.

Me, I`d strongly suggest the Century 400 Sensei unit.

Jim

Thanks for the quick response Jim. I have come across that site per your reccomendation on a previous post. That distributor list does point me to the closest reseller to me AKAIK. Santa Maria.

Sort of a shame that I cannot find a sales/service closer. I know the thing will fail on me at some time, instead of inconvenience, , it`s a BIG inconv. I guess being where I am is the problem and I cannot change that.

Jim, re: the Century 400 Sensei. I am assuming you were speaking of the 400 series sensei <here> (http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/sensei_portable_extractors.shtml#406-131H) and not the 60 gallon truckmount? I guess i didn`t sat that I will be mobile, century seems a lil` big.

Thanks.

-Stu.

PrecisionOnline
06-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Stu,

I had the same problem. I bought my Mytee from Rightlook and the pump failed after one month of use. They replaced the pump free of charge but I had to ship it back to them ($35.00) instead of driving an hour away. I know NJ is a small state but driving an hour is a hassle -- 4 hours total (one to get there and back to drop off, same to pick up)

Would be cheaper for you being that you`re in California.

jimmybuffit
06-16-2004, 02:37 AM
The link you provided is for the machine that I use daily. I have the inline heater and 100 psi pump.

It might be a little awkward in a mobile environment, tho. Biggest `dawback` is the need for TWO 20 amp circuits.

Works, tho. She works `real good`!

Jim