PDA

View Full Version : Questions about #80 speed glaze

autoweenie
06-15-2004, 07:12 PM
How much product should I use? and

How long should I polish it (using PC at setting of 6)

I tried #80 for the first time this morning trying to

get rid of some swirls that 1ZMP could not touch.

I divided my hood into 4 sections. For each of the

section I put a thin X across my 7.5 white pad.

Had the PC at 6 and went at each section for about 5 minutes

each. I believed I can see some improvement. However,

the swirls that were really visible were not removed.

The color of the product is "interesting". :o

It smells ok, though.

My paint actually "squeak" afterward. :up

Aurora
06-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I`d say slow it down to about 4. I jsut started using both the pc and speed glaze 3 days ago and I remember advice saying to keep it at medium speeds to avoid breaking down the product too soon. Kick up to six for your final pass. Sqeaky clean! I got all my swirls and minor scratches out with one pass.

autoweenie
06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks.

But how long should I polish at 4 before I kick it up to 6

for the final pass?

And how much do you use.

Thanks!

autoweenie
06-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Also, did you use the yellow pad or the white pad.

Thanks.

Aurora
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Can someone with more experience chime in? I`d say 3-4 minutes per 2x2 section, which is what I`ve read time and time again.Barely put pressure on the thing didn`t even cause it to bog down at all. In all, I`d say I went at six for less than a minute and maybe it wasn`t even needed. But atleast with the harsher polishes, it`s supposed to break down the last bit of the particles and give that glow. This is all gathered info and not much from experience. Just take it really slow. One thing I did was spread the product around the working area with the setting on one and went from there.

Aurora
06-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh and use a good amount of product.An x is what`s recommended. I was being too conservative at first and getting minimal results. Then I remembered, I`M NOT WAXING DUMMY.

I was using the Meg`s pads and went with the polishing one.I believe yellow. I ried the cuttiing pad on some bad spots on the trunk and I was expecting clouding, but got none and it tackled more of the scratches. Just sharing what little I`ve gained so far.

04BlackAV
06-16-2004, 06:20 AM
The few times I`ve used #80 it didn`t take out any swirls or lite scratches but it did take out the hazing that I`d made with 1Z PP.I ran out and bought some but I can`t see any difference between #80 and #9,the paint looks the same to me after.The only difference is the paint squeaks after using #80.

Aurora
06-16-2004, 08:37 AM
It did quite a bit for me. Maybe mine were minor. I really need to try dacp though