PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix the last owner mistakes

icecold3000GT
06-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey I am new to this site, but I love it so far. Well I got my car over spring break and the last owner said that a "branch" fell on the spoiler of the car and he took it to a good place to get it fixed but they messed it up. Well I have attached a pic of the damage. Please help me out if you can or tell me if you need another pic. Thanks

Accumulator
06-15-2004, 07:09 PM
icecold3000GT - Welcome to Autopia. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but that`s some serious cosmetic damage you have there. It appears to go through all the paint on the spoiler and slightly into the plastic. The only solution is to have a (*good*) shop repaint it. Won`t cost that much, they`ll just take the spoiler off, sand it, maybe fill the damaged area a little, shoot primer, shoot color coat, shoot clear. Not a big repair, really, but that *is* the only way to fix it.

icecold3000GT
06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Crap I was afraid of that. There also is another smaller one on the hood too. Do any of yall know about how much it is going to cost me?

Accumulator
06-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Can`t really say how much it`ll cost (I usually have to have more work than that done when mine go to the shop :o ). It shouldn`t be all that much though. Get a few estimates. The *BIG* problem will be finding a shop that can do the work well, and do it without messing up the rest of the car.