PDA

View Full Version : Larry the Cable Guy

Porkanbeans
10-10-2004, 05:20 PM
I went and saw him last night and all I can say is "Awesome!" The man is a comic genius. Since Jeff Foxworthy lives in Atlanta he made a surprise visit on stage for about 15 minutes. It was pretty cool. But the coolest thing is that he waited for everyone in the line for signatures to get a nice chat and autograph out of their visit. We were near the back of the line at about 12:30 and he was still smiling and making conversation with everyone. So if you get the chance, I highly reccomend that you go see him. www.larrythecableguy.com has tour dates and ticket info.

By the way, I asked him if he was going to start selling flanel shirts with cutoff sleeves (I wore one for kicks), and he said that they`ll be for sale in the near future. And they`ll even have "Git-R-Done!" on `em too!

mtodde
10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey, do you have a red pickup truck? I think I saw you on Chamblee Dunwoody Road Friday morning. When I saw Git-R-Done on the window I thought I`ve seen that somewhere before.

I was heading to breakfast at the Old Hickory House with a few coworkers...man they`ve got some good biscuits! Southern style with bacon grease in them.

AtlantaBoy
10-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Git R` Done.........

Porkanbeans
10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Nope, I don`t have a red pickup, and I really wish I had those git-r-done rear window vinyl decals. Lots of Larry fans around the metro area I`ve noticed.

I share your love for the Old Hickory House. Last Saturday I ate a stack of 3 pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs, sausage patties, 2 biscuits with gravy, and grits. Absolute heaven. Damn good food, huge portions, for dirt cheap prices! The wait is worth the food.

mtodde
10-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I go once or twice during the week and pick up a bacon & egg biscuit. Once every few weeks a group from the office goes and eats breakfast & calls it a meeting.

They do get pretty crowded on the weekends, but you can still get an order to go. It is right between my sister and I so when I`m pet sitting for them this weekend I may have to stop on my over to grab some breakfast.

I was sure it was you in the truck, LOL. I didn`t realize Larry was so popular; I`ll have to check him out!

perry
10-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I saw his special on Comedy Central a month or two ago.. it was so hilarious that I had to go to Best Buy the next morning and buy it on DVD. I had never even heard of him before seeing him on Comedy Central.

Even Mom thought he was funny :lol