PDA

View Full Version : soap or detergent for taking out HARD stains on microfiber and cotton towels?

drdavidge
06-15-2004, 04:54 PM
hey, i dont know about you guys, but my towels get DIRTY. when i put them in the wash with all or any other detergent, it never gets the dirt / grease out. in fact, it almost never takes the stain away. are there any very heavy duty products that will not harm the MF or cotton towels? i usually use the cotton ones for cleaning up oil or my wheels.tires, so they get pretty nasty, while i use the MF`s for QD`ing, windows, etc. also, i have a few of the ABSORBERS, and they are impossible to get clean. once they have dirt on them i cant get it out. please help and let me know, thanks!

Aurora
06-15-2004, 05:13 PM
I`ve had no staining on mine, even when I hit the wheel wells. Last time, I gad a really dirty bunch and I put them through two wash cycles on white setting and two rinses.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-15-2004, 10:03 PM
When you have really dirty stains put the towels in the washer, let it fill with water and your liquid detergent of choice before it starts spinning. Let it soak for 5 minutes then for each towel scrub it against itself where the worst stains are on the towels. This will loosen the stains while the detergent can get underneath it. It`s time consuming when there are alot of towels but it gets you motivated to wash MF or absorbers right after a detail which you should be doing when the stain is still fresh and thus much easier to get out.

If you don`t wanna throw 2 or 3 towels or an absorber into a big machine then take some Woolite and go to the sink and soak and start scrubbing. Works for me everytime and I`ve had some pretty nasty wheel stains.

Aurora
06-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Much better tip! Thanks Yosemite!