PDA

View Full Version : AIO x3???

imported_Unreal
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
I was doing some searching on here looking for info on AIO and SG and I ran into something I wasnt expecting to find.

I think its in the hall of fame forum about how to apply and remove KSG.

In there it is reccomended AIOx3.

Wouldnt the 2nd and 3rd layers just remove what the previous one did since its more of a chemical cleaner?

Or am I missing something here?

2wheelsx2
06-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Hmmm...I`ve never seen AIOx3. AIOx2 is very common. The reason being that sometimes, it`s easy to miss spots, and doing AIOx2 will get every spot. It can be done without cleaning off the first coat of AIO too, since it`s just for coverage. IMO, AIOx3 is a waste of AIO.

imported_Unreal
06-15-2004, 03:41 PM
So basically do the AIO let it dry but dont remove and then do the AIO again over whats there and then buff off?

tom p.
06-15-2004, 03:43 PM
There wouldn`t be any real reason to do multiple coats of AIO unless you were missing spots or were not thorough the 1st time.

2wheelsx2
06-15-2004, 04:09 PM
You don`t need to let the AIO dry at all, since it`s mostly a cleaning step. Just apply and do a second coat if you like, and then wipe off.

When I do AIO, I just do one panel at a time. Wipe on, and then wipe off. Waiting until it dries can sometimes make it hard to remove, depending on how much product you used.