PDA

View Full Version : What topper/sealer over Imola Red?

rcurley55
06-14-2004, 11:57 PM
With everyone`s help here, I tamed the swirls on my Red BMW (for those who have not seen it, it`s a deep red, no metallic).

I used two applications of DACP to get most of the swirls and some of the fine scratches (I left some in there to save the clear). Next, I used Menzerna IP to clean up some of the haze from the DACP and some additional swirls/defects.

I`m planning on following this up with Menzerna FPII.

So....the eternal question - what to put on top.

I have BlackFire2 and was considering that, but I wanted to know if there is anything superior - last time I used the BF2, it was difficult to work with, but I loved the sheeting action and the wet slick look.

I`ve been hearing EX-P, the Klasse Twins, WG....

But what to do for red? Should I just stick with the BF?

Thanks in advance

imported_m3driverker
06-16-2004, 10:34 AM
I have same color car, an E46 M3, I presume . I like Klasse twins topped with P21S Carnauba.

Recently just did the car with just P21S GEPC followed with P21S Carnauba and looked fantastic. Car is a garage queen though.

rcurley55
06-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by m3driverker

I have same color car, an E46 M3, I presume . I like Klasse twins topped with P21S Carnauba.

Recently just did the car with just P21S GEPC followed with P21S Carnauba and looked fantastic. Car is a garage queen though.

Yes, it`s an E46 M3 Coupe. I was thinking klasse, but I do have P21S carnuba and I love it...

overtheedge
06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
You be the judge.

NXT topped with Meg`s #26 HTW

http://www.powercln.com/DSC000052.jpg

or

Klasse AIO topped with UPP

http://www.powercln.com/DSC000052_edited.jpg

Sorry. wasn`t quite as sunny with pic 2.

membim
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
You can`t go wrong with Pinnacle, Wolfgang, P21S, Blackfire, Klasse, or Poorboy`s. You`ve done the hard and most important part which is proper paint prep.

My personal choice would be Pinnacle Souveran. If it`s a daily driver, then use Wolfgang`s Sealant followed by the Pinnacle Souveran.

Hope this helps!