PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried this-- By Meguiars:

Pages : [1] 2

General Lee
06-14-2004, 03:18 PM
It may have been out , first time seeing it for me:

Its the Gold Class ENDURANCE HIGH GLOSS tire shine.

Its a purple gel and even smells like grapes(another wonderful smelling product)

The bottle says: Lasts for weeks not days. I bought some and plan on trying it out this evening.

Bill D
06-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I have seen it in Target, it`s been out for a while now, its not for me

stilez
06-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah it`s been around for a couple years now. It slings like crazy and I followed the directions to the "T". It also builds up on the tires as well attracting dust and such.

Give it a shot, you may like it.

jstn
06-14-2004, 03:22 PM
ive tried it. its okay, but too shiny for my taste. it lasts long if you let it dry overnight, otherwise it will sling everywhere.

topnotchtouch
06-14-2004, 03:45 PM
The High Gloss version is a bit too glossy for my tastes. I use the original formula Enduarance as it is more of a matte finish. You apply it, let it sit and then wipe off the excess. I have been using it for years and have NEVER had it sling or build up. The dust collection, buildup and slinging are all likely due to using too much and/or not wiping off the excess after letting it sit for a while. But, as with anything else people have their preferences. The only way you will really know if you are gonna like it is to try it.

This is my GT with Original Formula Endurance on the tires.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2760side726.jpg

Aurora
06-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Try the NXT protectant. Easier to avoid slinging

EBPcivicsi
06-14-2004, 04:11 PM
It is a bit too glossy for me, but I have never had a problem with sling using it. I think that the tread/side wall design of your tire have a big impact for sling.

The original formula is my favorite dressing for tires. I wish it was easier to find locally.

Chubs
06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
I`ve been useing High endurance. At least till this bottle is gone. It is really shiny if you like that. I love it because its a gel and not a spray that can over spray on your nice paint finish if your not carefull. Also with the endurance your tires will not turn Brown after a couple of washes or rains like other silicones will. I`ve never had trouble with it slinging. I use a foam wax applicator to apply it then run over it real quick with a rag. Looks good to me and looks of customers like it.

06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
too much slinging...even with letting it sit then wiping off the excess

rahula
06-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by jrocc1212

Try the NXT protectant. Easier to avoid slinging

Although I am not near a bottle of NXT at the moment I am 99.9% certain that the instructions clearly state not to use it on tires. Am I wrong?

Aurora
06-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Oops, I didn`t read the instructions. I`ll check it out. I simply went off a recommendation on that one. Did it on the wells as well.

jfelbab
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I like it on certain cars. High gloss and long life. I`ve used it for a couple years with no sling. Follow the instructions to remove excess and you won`t have a sling problem. If you have a lot of ribs in the side wall be sure to wipe them clean.

Here is what it looks like on my MR2.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/559MR2_tire.jpg

This is their Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray which is a nice satin finish. No sling either but not as durable.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/559Wheel.jpg

thinksnow
06-14-2004, 06:01 PM
.1%= "Do not apply to tire *tread*"

Originally posted by rahula

Although I am not near a bottle of NXT at the moment I am 99.9% certain that the instructions clearly state not to use it on tires. Am I wrong?

jerry@robs
06-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I prefer Turtle Wax`s Tire Gel... works just as well, less sling, costs 1/3 of the price of Meg`s (at least here in Manila)

General Lee
06-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Well.........

I tried it, and the shine is compareable(sp) to most other products. I wasn`t able to test the "sling", the car will be driven tomorrow so hopefully overnight will be sufficient for the product to set. It does smell good but it was my first time using a "Gel" so I had to be a bit more patient applying the product. To me it didn`t give off a high shine like it advertises, Which I perfer a more satin/matte finish anyway.

Overall Rating on a scale 1 to 10 : 7