PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Clay Bar woes!?

HotRodGuy
06-14-2004, 02:45 PM
is Zainos bar a mild bar? My girlfriend had some scuff marks and a little paint splat on her door sill and I couldn`t get this bar to do anything.

Are there stronger bars out there?

BradE
06-14-2004, 02:48 PM
There are different "cuts" of claybars. Mild cut and heavy cut. Z is a pretty mild poly clay. If you want something with more bite, you`ll have to look at something like Clay Magic Red bar.

Bobby G
06-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Clay cannot fix paint flaws. It removes surface contamination. Sounds like you need a polish, not clay.

HotRodGuy
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Clay cannot fix paint flaws. It removes surface contamination. Sounds like you need a polish, not clay.

the scuffs have black rubber from them, that`s what i`m trying to remove, shouldn`t a clay bar do that? Also, there`s like a splatter of overspray paint on them that it won`t remove either. I`ve removed stuff like this w/ clay before.

:nixweiss

HotRodGuy
06-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BradE

There are different "cuts" of claybars. Mild cut and heavy cut. Z is a pretty mild poly clay. If you want something with more bite, you`ll have to look at something like Clay Magic Red bar.

I`ll give that a shot, thanks.

Should I be more carefull w/t he red bar? Is there a chance of damaging paint w/ it?

BradE
06-14-2004, 04:37 PM
You need to be a little more careful, it will haze the paint a little more than a mild cut bar. Polishing might be required after claying.

rdvt4me
06-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. I use it on scuffs on the door sills of my corvette and it works very well.

imported_memnuts
06-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree with David on using a mild polish or paint cleanser for the majority of the imperfect and follow with a clay like the one you have to remove the microscopic impurities. This would be the most efficient and least haze producing method. Something like GEPC or AIO would make quick work for your problem.