PDA

View Full Version : new on the car scene

Theo
10-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi,we are new to Detail City and the art of detailing. We have a triple black "73 "Buick Centurion.The car is is excellent conditiion but I am not happy with the finish after the last waxing. I really need some advice on what to use to get a knock out shine. Can you also tell me what to use on my black vinyl top.
Wizard Black Renew was recommended but I didn`t think it held up very well.
This is all new to us ,we have only had the car for 2 1/2 yrs but have really gotten into the enjoyment of going to car shows. Now I want to give the car the look it deserves.
Thanks for your help ,it is appreciated. :)

scottabi
10-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Post a picture and we can help you make product choices a lot faster and with greater accuracy as to what will help it best. If a picture is not feasible, ill ask a couple of ?`s. Is the paint swirled, dull, non "wet looking? Are there scratches that need to be taken care of? What about the last waxing dont you like?

Theo
10-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the help, I am also new at computers so I am not sure how to post a picture.
The wax job left swirls and did not have the wet look I was hoping for.Yes there are a few places that are not actually scratch marks but like the wax had been scraped off.I hope this gives you enough info .Again thank you so much for your help.

Billy1882
10-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I have founf that 303 protectant is some of the best stuff you can put on your top. It make the color come back and last a really long time. YOu might have to but a few coats on to get to the desired color. But the stuff is great.