PDA

View Full Version : ATV Plastic Fender Scratches

SR77
06-13-2004, 07:19 PM
I have a Honda 400EX that has some deep scatches on the fenders. My question is can atv plastic be buffed out with polish like paint can? I want to sand down the fendes, then wet sand them and then bring the shine back to the plastic. I already have DACP and SFP that i use for my vehicles, so can i use these on the plastic after sanding to bring the shine back or will it not work like it does on paint. If not, what else can I do to the platic to bring its shine back after sanding. I know there is a product called Plastic Renew but i have heard from alot of people that it is junk and will peal off eventually, so I would rather not use that and thats why i was wondering if I could just polish the plastic. Thanks for the help.

SR77
06-19-2004, 07:28 AM
^

SR77
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Is there anyone that can tell me if ATV Plastic can be buffed out like paint scratches can? Has someone tried using their automotive products on ATV Plastics before? Thanks

General Lee
06-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Don`t know, but give it a try. I don`t think it will remove scratches on plastic. Why worry about scratches on an ATV, I have one and the way I ride it, it makes no sense to try and remove scratches cause they will be back. Its an ATV!!

kbshadow
06-28-2004, 07:31 PM
A while back I restored two Honda Mini Trails.

The plastic fender on one had some scratches in it and I buffed them out with Semi Chrome, came out pretty well.

I put a coat of future floor wax on them and they look very good.

Bob