PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins and swirls

TGates
06-13-2004, 04:08 PM
So I have a black car, there`s problem number one. Problem number two is that I`m quite anal about it, otherwise, I probably wouldn`t be here, right?

My problem is trying to hide swirls while using the Klasse products. I recently used 1ZPP with a PC, then AIO, then SG. THere are still minor swirls, and as we all know, SG won`t do much for them.

Here is what all I have.

Klasse Twins

Zaino (full line)

1ZPP

NXT

Gold Class

Souveran

I guess what I`m looking for is the equivalent to Z5 that I can use with Klasse topped with Souveran.

ZaneO
06-13-2004, 04:42 PM
You just need to remove as many as possible before you apply your sealants/wax.

Z5 really doesn`t do anything for scratches and swirls.

imported_Greg
06-13-2004, 05:25 PM
You are just going to have to get a more aggressive than PP- I find it to be very mild. You might want to try 1Z UPP instead.

Accumulator
06-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah, the *real* answer is to do more polishing to really remove the marring, and then don`t induce more.

Using a heavier wax (like Meg`s #16) will help a little. The NXT is said to be good at concealing swirls, so maybe give it a try.

dmatre
06-14-2004, 05:24 AM
If you`ve still got swirls, then more polishing is the best option. You can fill the swirls, but after a few washes the fillers are removed, and the swirls are back. Unfortunately, black shows every little blemish. Fortunately, nothing looks as good as a well maintained black car - so the extra work is definitely worth it.

Sunday I just did the full routine (wash, clay, Griot`s #3 polish w/PC-speed6, AIO w/PC-speed6, SG-WOO) on the black Benz, and the car is almost perfect. The Griot`s #3 removed all of the swirls. There are still some deeper scratches remaining, but as this is a daily driver, with many more years of service expected, I`m not going to polish every single scratch down.

Maybe try DACP or SMR to polish the swirls, or you could simply try working slower, at a higher speed, with the 1Z.