PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s #3 vs. #80 question

billium
06-13-2004, 11:27 AM
What is the difference between Mequire`s Professional line "Machine Glaze" (#3) and Consumer line "Machine Speed Glaze" (#80)?

I`ll be applying with PC, and wondered if either of these products outweighs the other in removing slight scratches and imperfections prior to the application of P21S Paintwork Cleaner.

Thanks

Accumulator
06-13-2004, 11:54 AM
billium- Totally different products, despite the similar names. Both are good, though.

The #3 is what Meg`s calls a "pure polish"- no abrasives in it at all.

The #80 contains abrasives (ones that break down quickly and easily). So it`s the one to use before your P21S GEPC, which you might not even need after you finish with the #80.

imported_NHBFAN
06-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by billium

What is the difference between Mequire`s Professional line "Machine Glaze" (#3) and Consumer line "Machine Speed Glaze" (#80)?

What Accumulator said:xyxthumbs

Also, #80 is a professional product (mirror glaze) ... not in the consumer line.

Scottwax
06-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Accumulator is exactly right. #80 breaks down so well and has so many polising oils of its own, you can go straight to wax if you want after using it.

#3 is a better choice then #7, IMO even though they give pretty much the same end results. #3 is much easier to work with.

Accumulator
06-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

..#3 is a better choice then #7, IMO even though they give pretty much the same end results. #3 is much easier to work with.

Yeah, much as I like good ol` #7, #3 is easier for me, too. And yeah, it works fine by hand. About the only Meg`s pure polish easier than #3 is #5 which is sorta a different animal (dries more thoroughly, can dust a little, but great in humid conditions).

VTEC11
06-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Is there a big difference between the meguiars pro line and the consumer line polishes? I`m talking about the red versus the yellow bottles.

thanks..