PDA

View Full Version : What should I do now?

lairdness
06-13-2004, 08:53 AM
I just washed x 2 with Dawn, clayed and washed again...then I did 2 coats of AIO and 1 coat of SG with my new PC...it`s a new car and it came out real shiney, but there are quite a few swirl marks still visible after all that work...

I`m wondering if i shouldn`t go back, do a couple coats of p21s paintwork cleanser to try and clear up some of the swirls...the paint cleanser should clear off the AIO and SG coats right?...then redo the 2 AIO coats...a couple or 3 SG coats....then possibly a carnuba topping (s100) If I can still lift my arms

please give your thoughts...should I just keep going or do I go back and start over with the p21s paintwork cleanser????

overtheedge
06-13-2004, 09:02 AM
It`s kind of hard to recommend a plan of attack without seeing a photo of the swirls on your finish and having seen that, recommending the appropriate products to use.

lairdness
06-13-2004, 09:28 AM
my perants have my digital camera on a cruize...I would call them normal washing and wipping off products micro scratches...nothing major...good shine...just when you look at a light source through the reflection you can see some the swirl marks....?

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-13-2004, 09:45 AM
You`re probably going to need something more aggressive depending on how bad the swirls are. P21S is pretty gentle. Klasse shows the imperfections in your paint and is not a filler. If you wanna have it swirl free you wil have to start over. Put the Dawn back in the kitchen. You`re just ruining your paint with that stuff.

Both AIO and P21S cleaner do the same thing so just use one or the other to save time especially if you`re topping with SG and carnauba.

lairdness
06-13-2004, 10:00 AM
my perants have my digital camera on a cruize...I would call them normal washing and wipping off products micro scratches...nothing major...good shine...just when you look at a light source through the reflection you can see some the swirl marks....?

PakShak
06-13-2004, 10:13 AM
It sounds like you will need to get a hold of a PC, cutting and polishing pads, compound like DACP, and a nice final polish (Meguiar`s, Poorboy`s, Menzerna, 1Z...etc.). These products in the hands of the right person can correct 95% of paint imperfections (light to medium swirls/scratches, blemishes, haze, oxidation, etc.)

If you don`t own a PC, you could try it by hand first but it will take you more time.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

freedre
06-13-2004, 10:31 AM
I agree with the `start again` advisors. I have had good luck with DACP followed by SSR1, but AIO hasn`t given me much joy.

IMO - DACP, followed by SSR1 (both by PC), followed by AIO and SG by hand (but would use PPP & EX instead of the K twins - but like I say, it`s only my opinion).

Good luck