PDA

View Full Version : sling with a rotary

spetulla
06-12-2004, 06:41 PM
holy **** im so tired of this ****. eveyrtime i use my rotary it slings like there is no tomorow. it gets on parts of hte car i dont even understand how... like i was rotarizing the roof and sling got on both sides of the car, like on the doors etc.. but hte pad was always horizontal to the ground.

how do i control sling! I spread it super super evenly over the surface and evenly over the pad, never any buidl up etc... and it still slings like a wild monkey!

hondaguy2582
06-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Tape off other areas and cover them with newspaper or tarp. Imo, its something that is unavoidable. Although, I have the contoured pads which seem to hold in the product better, so much less sling for me.

scottabir
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
put a line of product about 7-8 inches long on the car. start your buffer off to the right of the product and tilt the pad up so that the raised edge is facing the product (lift maybe an inch and a half up). Picture the pad as a clock with numbers on it. Bring the pad across the product so that the product will hit the "10 oclock" position. after the bead has been picked up commence buffing as usual. This is a lot simpler than it sounds. Let me know if this is unclear to you.

rollman
06-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Give this video a look over > Click here (http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=31) I think # 12 show the steps Scottabir was talking about . Watch the entire thing its real helpful . Good luck

Jerry :xyxthumbs