PDA

View Full Version : Slickest wax?

Pages : [1] 2

slov98
06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
What`s the slickest wax out there? after I got my car from the dealer, the finish was like butter for at least 2 months and nothing stuck to the surface, dirt etc. was easy to wash off. now a year later I`m trying to get that back, I`ve tried p21s, nxt, eagle nanowax but they lose the slickness after a few days , especially if it rains. I do polish before waxing. Bugs,spots do come out but not as easily as before.

Anyone have a suggestion?

petraidm
06-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I used the WG Twins last week on two cars. Cars are still slick after 1 week and two rain storms. I`m hoping for a good month of slickness ... I`ll keep you posted

Accumulator
06-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Four Star`s UPP is very slick. I think Meg`s #16 is pretty slick for a "regular wax". Stuff washes off it quite easily, sometimes even a hard rain is enough to clean the car.

gav'spurplez
06-12-2004, 07:34 PM
wolfgang is good. my car has been through 3 weeks of off and on downpours, 3 washes and just some QD afterwards. still beeds, still shines like hell, still smoooooooooooooooth :xyxthumbs

jfelbab
06-12-2004, 07:42 PM
You have clayed, cleaned and polished?

gav'spurplez
06-12-2004, 07:50 PM
using clay will defiantely help out the "slickness" wax/sealant might be able to bond/adhere better

slov98
06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I clayed a few months ago but the clay was pretty clean once I was done with it, I know everyone raves about clay but I didn`t see the big deal.

I use the paint cleanser from p21s, I will probably try a different cleaner and do some more research on Wolfgang, it seemed to get good reviews initially and then not so good.

Do I have to use their paint cleaner?

imported_Terry
06-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Four Star`s UPP is very slick. I think Meg`s #16 is pretty slick for a "regular wax". Stuff washes off it quite easily, sometimes even a hard rain is enough to clean the car. Yep:up

mmsdrummer
06-12-2004, 10:23 PM
I`ve found #26 (liquid) to be pretty slick.

kustomsol
06-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Are we talking "wax" or sealant? I`m a Zaino Zealot, but do top with carnuba. In mid-May (love bug season) drove from NC to Orlando and back. Upon return washed the car with Z-7. The bug debris came off with practically no heavy scrubbing.And the car finish was slick and smooth. I think the "slickest" wax/sealant/finish/ etc is Zaino Z-2 with ZFX preceded by the proper surface preparaion. But as has been stated over and over again on these forums, proper preparation is the key to the finish, no matter which of the excellent products mentioned here you choose.

Corey Bit Spank
06-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Blackfire is a bit slicker then WG, IMO. And, BF is the slickest wax I have used to date. Although this is after prep work, so any of these top end waxes will give you a slick surface if it is smooth before you apply it.

Thomas Dekany
06-12-2004, 10:53 PM
I maybe way off here, but as far as I know, dealers use a sealant.

Accumulator
06-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

Blackfire is a bit slicker then WG, IMO. And, BF is the slickest wax I have used to date. Although this is after prep work, so any of these top end waxes will give you a slick surface if it is smooth before you apply it.

Yeah, BF is pretty slick. I used it on the S8 before switching to 4* UPP. Give the UPP a try, IMO you`ll be surprised at how much slicker it stays after a wash or two. *I* think it`s a lot slicker right after application, too, but anyhow, they`re two simiar products and I was pleased moving from BF to UPP. I do still like the BF better on black trim though, it`s "oilier" nature seems to work better for that.

One high-end wax that did *not* stay slick for me is Souveran. After a while it usually starts to feel a little "tacky" :nixweiss

ALAN81
06-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Souvern was never slick but What a shine

Scottwax
06-13-2004, 11:50 PM
UPP and Wolfgang are very slick and if you want a carnauba, #16 is pretty slick too.