PDA

View Full Version : Best Polish and Wax for White

Pages : [1] 2

scottiem
06-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Getting ready to do my `97 F350 which is white and looking for some good recommendations on a good polish and wax to use. I`m going to start off by claying, DACP`ing and going from there. I`ve read the articles on how white is hard to work with but really haven`t had to many problems with it. I`m trying to get some more depth out of it which I know is hard to do. Any of you who have had experience working with white I would value some of your insight. Thanks in advance.

scottiem
06-12-2004, 03:25 PM
There has to be some guru`s out there to point me in the right direction. From what I`ve been reading it sounds like I might try AIO, SGX3 and WG as a top layer after claying and DACP`ing it. I`ve read from others that the DACP has a tendency to leave a haze after removal, if this is the case will the AIO take care of that. Please help a Newbie out.:nixweiss

tom p.
06-12-2004, 03:36 PM

scottiem
06-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Normally I strip, polish and wax twice a year then try and do a wax job every two months. I`d like to wax it more often but being that it`s a Crew Cab Long bed it takes up quite a bit of time detailing it. I try and wash it once a week but sometimes it goes 2 weeks and I QD it every other wash.

Wasatch
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Here`s some nice combo`s: NXT/S100, VM/EX, PwC/EX, VM/CMW, MPW/S100, and TC-8/TC-3.

petraidm
06-12-2004, 06:35 PM
I`ve used WG on a white Lexus. Looks great, unfortunately it has only been on 1 week so I can not testify to it`s durability

imported_Terry
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I like AIO & NXT applied with a Cyclo for whites in good condition.

slov98
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
If the finish is neglected try ColorX it`s a cleaner/wax, first clay it though.

I used NXT on a white with great results, nice reflectivity, but I`m looking for more slickness, may try WG.

here is a pic after NXT, in a shade, on my 1 year old white

http://members.aol.com/slov98/nxt1.jpg

94BlkStang
06-12-2004, 09:16 PM
White`s a hard color to show off with pictures, but I`ve had good success with SEC and S100. I first prepped the car with clay, DACP, SEC and finished with S100. I`ve also been experimenting with NXT and S100 as a top coat. Pictures don`t do it justice, but the paint has a nice clean shine to it. This Navigator is 1998 with over 100,000 miles on it also.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2199pa180027.jpg

imported_Terry
06-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Very good looking Navigator:up Excellent work with white!

scottiem
06-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for everyones replies you`ve got my mind running in circles with all the choices :D 94blkstang I love the look of that Navigator. I seen pictures somewhere who used AIO and WG and it also looked quite nice. The reason I was thinking of going with the Klasse twins is for some durability as like I said earlier as much as I wish I could polish and wax my truck every week it`s just to dam big and time consuming so I looking for durability and then I figure if I put a layer of WG, S1000 or NXT to give it more depth and act as a sacraficial layer which I could add another layer every other month.

LouisanaJeeper
06-12-2004, 09:51 PM
you can really use just about anything on white and it will look almost the same. I would just go for the most durable option.

overtheedge
06-12-2004, 10:00 PM
After DACP, you may further enhance the surface shine with #82 Swirl Free Polish. I have found that on my girlfriend`s white 02 Volvo, Klasse AIO, followed by 3 coats of Four Star UPP, gives her car some POP!

Sveta
06-13-2004, 01:24 AM
My suggestion would be VM + EX-P + #16.

(I was once upon-a-time very pleased with #7 + #16.) It`s all sooooo subjective and you already have many good suggestions. (I`ve posted pics of this combination a few weeks ago if you care to look).

For myself, EX-P sealant works great with VM (my favorite polish). The #16 (durable) is just extra protection and maybe improves the look of the EX-P, :nixweiss. 2x EX-P without #16 is pretty darn good. S100 looks OK in place of #16, but....subjective, isn`t it?

mx5
06-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection(UPP) seems to work real well on light colored vehicles. It seems to make the paints sparkle more than other sealants. But I have not tried the new Wolfgang or EX-P yet. Meguiar`s NXT gave a good wet look to a silver vehicle, just not as much sparkle.