PDA

View Full Version : Process?

MattZ28
06-11-2004, 12:52 PM
So my PC should be here anyday now, so if I have to pick up any extra products, it has to be ASAP. Lately I`ve noticed swirls popping up here and there...not too major, but still enough to bug me. I plan on doing the whole car with 1Z PP and an orange pad. After this, I`m not sure what I should do. Should I follow up with a white pad on the whole car, or go to a different product? (pre-wax cleaner-type product)

I know that 1Z PP leaves a pretty nice shine, but all those waxes and oils are going to be washed off, because Zaino will be my sealant of choice. So, which product do you guys recommend (hopefully something I can get locally) that I use between 1Z PP and applying Zaino? The local NAPA has Meg`s #9, #7, and I think #3. Wal-mart has Meg`s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner.

Would any of these do me any good? Or should I just continue with 1Z PP and the white pad, wash, then go straight to Zaino?

<--confused! :nixweiss

Dinzdale40
06-11-2004, 01:16 PM
1zPP and a white pad will leave a nice finish.....you`ll have to remove the waxes used in it to use Zaino afterwards tho...

MattZ28
06-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Wouldn`t it shine better if I follow up with a paint cleaner or a very mild polish? I want to put this new PC to use :p

Accumulator
06-12-2004, 11:51 AM
MattZ28- In that case I`d use Menzerna FP, but you`re not gonna find it locally. I dunno about the MPPC (not familiar with it), but the #9 would probably work. I *think* you`d still need to wash it down afterwards, though. The #3/#7 are NOT what you want, they`re just fillers, etc. that you`d be washing off anyhow.

MattZ28
06-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Menzerna FP is one I was thinking about, considering it leaves no oils and I could just go straight to Zaino. I`ve also heard of people having luck applying Zaino over Klasse AIO....will AIO do what I want?

Accumulator
06-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I`ve also heard of people having luck applying Zaino over Klasse AIO....will AIO do what I want?

I like AIO for all sorts of things, but if *I* were gonna use Zaino, I`d get the FP.

MattZ28
06-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, I decided I`m going to give the Zaino a rest and try some new stuff....I ordered some VM and EX-P :up

Accumulator
06-13-2004, 11:50 AM
MattZ28- That might be a good idea. It pays to try different stuff and find what works *for you* :xyxthumbs