PDA

View Full Version : Dealer is replacing my passanger front window....should I be nervous???

Nicky Pass
06-10-2004, 09:39 PM
When I bought my new Cobra 3 weeks ago, there was a small dent in the door that the dealer`s paintless dent removal guy took out....then I noticed a whole bunch of scratches on the window....so I took it to the dealer today and the service manager said they`d have it replaced....I`m just nervous about them taking apart the door....but I guess I shouldn`t be:o

zzyyzx
06-10-2004, 09:54 PM
It`s understandable... I just had some PDR done on my baby. It`s un-natural to see someone hitting your car with mallets and the such, but it works and it works well. Just make sure that before you drive home to check all the areas where the door panel comes off and make sure none of the clips or screws are broken. Other than that, it should be fine.

LouisanaJeeper
06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
I`m nervous just driving through a dealership...

Make sure you tell them explicity DO NOT WASH THE CAR or they will give you the complimentary swirl wash.

I have had nothing but poor service on my stang from the dealerships in just the past 3 months (2 dealerships, about 4 times in for service). Ford warranty service sucks and I have left some very negative feedback w/ ford on my experiences.

andriver
06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Did you ever find out why there were scratches on your car?

topnotchtouch
06-10-2004, 10:24 PM
One thing I ALWAYS do when I take my car to the dealer is insist on doing a walk around the car with the service advisor before you hand him the keys and again when you pick it up. Make sure you tell them not to wash your car no matter how dirty it gets. Have it put in writing on the paperwork before you hand them the keys.

I had the exact same thing done to my car. Had PDR work done on the drivers door, they scratched the heck out of the window and had to replace it. I did notice a slight abraision on my interior door panel where he must have laid it on the ground when he did the work but, it is hardly noticable and I just live with it.

I cringe whenever I have to leave the car at the dealer :(

zzyyzx
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
I forgot to mention the no wash part. Funny thing is that my dealer has these big DAY-GLO signs they put in the windshield that says "NO WASH" in big one foot letters.

I had my PDR done by Dents Out Plus (Los Angeles area) and I am pleased with their work. Haven`t found any problems or anything of the such. They did a great job. Seemed to take care of my car like I would.

GoodnClean
06-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I just had tires put on my car this morning, there wasn`t enough Maalox in Maryland to make that easy. I got away with one little scratch on one rim, I consider myself lucky.

imported_NotSoRed
06-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

One thing I ALWAYS do when I take my car to the dealer is insist on doing a walk around the car with the service advisor before you hand him the keys and again when you pick it up. Make sure you tell them not to wash your car no matter how dirty it gets. Have it put in writing on the paperwork before you hand them the keys.

That`s very good adivce. Took my car to a dealer one to get my window fixed and came out with a door ding that wasn`t there before. I argued with the guy but, there was no way that I could of proven it wasn`t there before, so I ended up going home with a new ding. Just gotta love the dealership.

:angry

chris0626
06-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Heck no, you don`t need to worry. I took two cars this spring to have windshields replaced. Did a bunch of research to find the best place in town. They understood these were Concours cars, and assured me they would be ultra-careful.

I now have two formerly-Concours cars with leaking windshields. :rolleyes:

Gotta love the automotive industry. :rolleyes:

Nicky Pass
06-11-2004, 08:28 AM
I`m glad its not a windshield...I would think a side window would be more cut and dry. Hopefully the dealer will take better care of a Cobra convertible than a 65 Taurus!

Bill D
06-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by zzyyzx

I forgot to mention the no wash part. Funny thing is that my dealer has these big DAY-GLO signs they put in the windshield that says "NO WASH" in big one foot letters.

That`s considerably impressive considering how overwhelming bad the dealership experience tends to be

Originally posted by NotSoRed

That`s very good adivce. Took my car to a dealer one to get my window fixed and came out with a door ding that wasn`t there before. I argued with the guy but, there was no way that I could of proven it wasn`t there before, so I ended up going home with a new ding. Just gotta love the dealership.

:angry

Horror stories like that get me paranoid. I`m beginning to think taking time stamped digital photos and video of the car, immediately when arriving at the dealer could be wise. :eek:

Nicky Pass
06-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I guess with Cobras....the only people that can touch them are the service writers or SVT techs.