PDA

View Full Version : hi all

xappie
06-10-2004, 11:32 AM
I`ve been lurking on the board for a week or so now, reading all the product information and detailing tips etc. What a great source of information!

One question? What is a "PC"? It must be some sort of orbital polisher or something, but I can`t figure it out. It is referred to all the time...

This board needs a place to explain all of the abbreviations you guys use!

ACURA95
06-10-2004, 12:32 PM
:welcome xappie,

The PC stands for the porter cable orbital polisher/sander. Usually either model 7366, or 7224. Its the buffer of choice on this forum, which I am sure eventually you will purchase.

This forum does use alot of abbreviations and this link should help you decifer most of them.

http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm

togwt
06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
:welcome to Autopia xappie

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

A US power tool company, Porter-Cable established in 1914, began manufacturing an electrically operated Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher in the 1990s, now one of the most popular tools used by professional and enthusiast detailers alike. Often known by the companies initials PC (Porter-Cable) but also called a ROB (random orbital buffer) or DA (duel action) polisher

There are two model numbers 7336 and 7424 both machines are identical, but they come equipped slightly differently. The 7336SP, sander polisher comes with a 6-inch counterweight, Porter-Cable outfits the 7424 Polisher with a 5-inch counterweight and a 6-inch foam polishing pad, PN 54745.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

Lowejackson
06-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Welcome to Autopia :xyxthumbs

xappie
06-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Wow that link to the abbreviations page is awesome! Reading this site is kinda like reading code sometimes... Thanks!

:cool:

chris0626
06-11-2004, 01:08 AM
AW SHUCKS, xappie! Did David not yet send you your secret decoder ring? :lol I, for one, couldn`t survive without it.