PDA

View Full Version : AIO for Paint Shadows + VM + EX-P?

obguam
06-10-2004, 07:58 AM
I`ve just started using a PC. What fun! Tried some #7 + NXT on my 2k2 satin silver civic which was repainted last year. Really shines but the paint now seems to have shadows in it, like dark, irregular patches, mostly on the roof and trunk. Only really visible up close or under high intensity lighting. I`m hoping its mild oxidation or some sort of contamination a good paint cleaner like AIO will remedy.

I`ve also seen great reviews about VM + EX-P on silver. Would this combo work on top of AIO? And will the VM get rid of (or hide) the light swirls? Really appreciate all the tips and wisdom on this site. I`m so hooked I`ve actually skipped golf just to buff my car.

:bow

obguam
06-10-2004, 09:30 PM
29 views and no comments so far. Guess I should just do it and report results, eh? Oh wells...

bunker
06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hard to say what the shadows are without seeing them. SIlver IS a hard paint to get correct. VM is a ultra mild polish and will only get out tiny scratches.

Just curious, why did a 2002 car need repainted already?

BTW welcome to Autopia. Next time get out there and detail the golf cart!

imported_eggroll
06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I would use AIO or VM, not both. They basically have the same function.

beastie
06-10-2004, 10:19 PM
If you use AIO, you might want to top off with S100. The best silver pics I`ve seen on this site have S100 as a topper.

maecrispy
06-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I wouldn`t use VM if you use AIO. Both are pretty clear (although I give VM a slight edge in clearness.)

AIO, of course, is a lot more durable but VM will do a better job of filling in (not removing) swirls.

My $0.02 is that I`d go with VM / EX-P. I`ve got it on my own TL and it`s such a clear, durable combo that looks great on lighter metallics.

Scottwax
06-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Those shadows may be oils from #7 that are slightly darkening those areas. #7 can be tough to buff off completely and some excess may have been left.

I`d go with VM/EX-P, looks great on silver.

obguam
06-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Really appreciate the advice. I`ll prolly go with #80 or DACP , then VM+EX-P combo. Would anyone recommend something else to clean paint and and remove fine swirls before this combo?

BTW, my 2k2 civic had to be repainted b/c it was damaged by typhoon debris in 175 MPH windstorm. I think the new paint quality is just poor. Will post pics soon. Thanks again.