PDA

View Full Version : Best PRE-sealant polish for hand application?

VTECHokie
06-09-2004, 10:40 PM
I`m looking for a polish/paint cleaner for paint that is in excellent condition. I want to clean the paint prior to applying a sealant.

I have read that Menzerna Final Polish (FP) is a great polish for sealants because it does not use fillers or oils. The problem is, the preferred method of application is with a Porter-Cable Orbital Buffer (PC). I do not own a PC.

What is a good product to prep the paint for a sealant that is easily applied, removed by hand, and yields good results?

andriver
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Klasse AIO works well applied by hand. Clearkotes Vanilla Moose also come to mind.

captkirk2
06-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Mothers Pre Wax cleaner is excellent. Cheap and readily available.

Wasatch
06-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I would second the VM. Poorboy`s PwC topped with EX would also be a good choice.

Scottwax
06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Vanilla Moose, Klasse AIO or Poorboy`s Pro Polish or Polish w/carnauba.

VTECHokie
06-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I also sent the same question to the folks at Classic Motoring Accessories (CMA).

They answered that their preferred product for use by hand OR machine is the Menzerna Final Polish.

Does anyone have any experience applying and removing this stuff by hand? How difficult was it and did it produce the expected results?

schneider325
06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
I just know DavidB told me that Menzerna workes BEST with the rotary buffer.. he siad if you use your hand or the PC then the 1Z polishes would work

VTECHokie
06-11-2004, 04:05 PM
The 1Z polishes have carnauba wax (Metallic Polish) or silicones (Paint Polish and Extra Paintwork Cleaner). The same can be said for the Poorboy`s Polish w/Carnauba.

I thought I wanted to avoid these things when using a sealant, except maybe AIO which will clean them off anyway (and then I`m just waisting my money for the added Carnauba, Silicones, and fillers). Or is my thinking wrong on this one?

I think I`m leaning toward either the Poorboy`s Pro Polish or the Menzerna.

Again, I appreciate everyone`s input!

VTECHokie
06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
The 1Z polishes have carnauba wax (Metallic Polish) or silicones (Paint Polish and Extra Paintwork Cleaner). The same can be said for the Poorboy`s Polish w/Carnauba.

I thought I wanted to avoid these things when using a sealant, except maybe AIO which will clean them off anyway (and then I`m just waisting my money for the added Carnauba, Silicones, and fillers). Or is my thinking wrong on this one?

I think I`m leaning toward either the Poorboy`s Pro Polish or the Menzerna.

Again, I appreciate everyone`s input!