PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to repair scuff marks to the underside of a bumper?

solarafied
06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Well I finally managed somehow to scrape the underside of my front bumper backing out of my driveway. The ground clearance is horrible. I scuffed it up pretty good as I have a large spot that is unpainted. Any reccomendations for fixing this myself? Or should I just get it repainted at the body shop. It is semi noticeable.

zzyyzx
06-09-2004, 09:31 PM
If it isn`t that noticeable, I`d just drive on. My car is lowered about 3 inches and I scrape a bunch. Luckily, you can`t see it unless you`re on your hands and knees. If it`s that deep, that`s a lot of paint, wet sanding and polishing for something that is just going to happen again.

hrspwr00v6
06-10-2004, 01:28 AM
if its a realativly small spot, and your insistant upon fixing it. you can remove the bumper and mask off the rest of the area that isn`t scraped up and sand it down, and spray it with some of the autospray paint that you can buy at walmart. then sand it down again and spray some clear on it. its a cheap fix for something thats bound to get beat up some more. and probably wont be that noticeable