PDA

View Full Version : Wax recomendation please!?

vprdak
06-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok guys i want a good solid wax recomendation. I have a black truck with moderate swirl marks. I want something to make the paint as reflective as possible and still have decent durability. Oh yeah i also want something i can find locally and not have to order over the internet. Is anyone up to the challenge of suggesting a good wax that meets all of the above requirements???

Glossequation
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by vprdak

Ok guys i want a good solid wax recomendation. I have a black truck with moderate swirl marks. I want something to make the paint as reflective as possible and still have decent durability. Oh yeah i also want something i can find locally and not have to order over the internet. Is anyone up to the challenge of suggesting a good wax that meets all of the above requirements???

#26 from Meg`s or S100 from the Harley dealership for wax, and 3M PI-III Machine Glaze as a polish (use a white polishing pad).

vprdak
06-09-2004, 10:52 AM
What happened to your `stang and can i top #26 with #16 or would that be useless. Also i have access to #26 but it is at the parts store where there is no telling how long it has been there, is there any way i can check and see how old it is or does it even matter?

paco
06-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Dan,

If you have pretty bad swirls, why would you want something that is very reflective? That will just make them more apparent.

I`d recommend you go over the car with a swirl mark remover that has some fillers in it. That way, it will hide some of the swirls. Meguiar`s No. 9 is good product and easy to use. You can also try there Swirl Free Polish which I prefer but I haven`t use No. 9 in a while. 3M`s Swirl Mark Remover also works alright. You should be able to get them locally.

Then topping off with No. 26. No. 26 will darken the paint a bit and leave a wetter appearance then 16.

I wouldn`t go through the hassle of having to 2 different types of waxes on the car. 26 will be more then fine and is more forgiving. If you let 16 sit to long, it becomes a pain to remove.

Try and figure out how you paint is getting swirled and correct that issue. It might be your washing or drying technique.

Paco

vprdak
06-09-2004, 11:14 AM
thanks paco that was some sound adivce, i appreciate it...