PDA

View Full Version : DACP no more?!?

Pages : [1] 2

6cyl's_of_fury
06-09-2004, 05:16 AM
After humming and harring for some time now, I went to the Meguiars distribution / sales warehouse here in Sydney to pick up some DACP ( I was searching for a local 1z UPP replacement and thought that it may be a touch more aggressive than my menzerna IP ). I looked around the small display stand they had up and couldnt find it, so I asked for the tech to come and help me out.

Tech: "Nope, we dont stock it anymore, its a discontinued product. They are no longer making it in the US and we havent seen it here for the best part of 6 - 7 months"

Me: "You sure mate? Why would they discontinue such a great product?"

Tech: *shrugs shoulders and stares blankly* "What about speed glaze instead?"

Me: "Nah, I want something a touch more aggressive than that"

Tech: "Ah ok, we have been selling heaps of this stuff in place of DACP, Quick Detailer ( #66 ), what about that?"

Now my research has shown that #66 is a cleaner wax, not exactly what I was chasing obviously.

Has anyone stateside heard of this?? Or is it an Australian thing only??

scottabir
06-09-2004, 05:34 AM
Havent heard a word about it :nixweiss. I hope it is not discontinued! I love that stuff.

PFDarkside
06-09-2004, 06:33 AM
I just recieved a 32 oz bottle not more than two weeks ago from a Meguiars website order. I think you should check somewhere else. :)

6cyl's_of_fury
06-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Um, I am in Australia, pretty limited in my supply avenues here unfortunately.....

Just want to know if it is an Australia thing only.

paco
06-09-2004, 07:43 AM
But then again, Meguiars looks to be clearing ship on a number of products.

Why not just get rid of their Pro line and keep their Bodyshop line???

Paco

andrew.
06-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Try www.waxwizard.com.au (20% off most items this month)

I got it from them about a year ago. Good product, but they only sell it in 947ml btls which is enough to last me a life time.

06-09-2004, 09:16 AM
I`m a regular on the meguiars forum...haven`t heard anything about it...they`re still recommending it...I just got my latest mambojahambo size last week...

imported_pugoman
06-09-2004, 10:13 AM
I`ll be getting a few gallons of DACP if they`re gonna discontinue it! Great product, so I hope it`s not true.

tom p.
06-09-2004, 10:22 AM
if true, that would be a shame - - it`s a great product.

Scottwax
06-09-2004, 10:46 AM
I haven`t heard anything about DACP going away, if so, I will stock up on it.

JaCkaL829
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
I had a harder than expecting time findin it where I live. 1 Napa I went to the guy never heard and neither did the Megs rep. I`ve been reading a lot of good things about SSR2.5 on DC, from what I understand they are very similiar products but the SSR2.5 is a lot easier to work with. I have some on the way now, I`ll be sure to give a review of it.

foris2
06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
I just bought a gallon of #83 last week, but I haven`t heard anything about it being discontinued - if so, I will stock up also.

dcswd
06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I`m just guessing, but I highly doubt that it will be discontinued...

1) its part of their line of products. You can use #84... and then step down to #83.. then down to #... Its an important part of their line of products. There would be a huge gap missing if they got rid of it.

2) IF they were getting rid of it, they would probably put something else in its place, to fill the gap it leaves behind.

usracer900
06-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Just bought a 32 oz bottle of DACP 2 days ago. Paid like $19 at a Carquest auto.

Mike_Phillips
06-09-2004, 02:00 PM
#83 DACP is definitely not being discontinued.

It could be that the Australia distributor has decided not to stock it? I`ll try to find out.

Mike