PDA

View Full Version : trying all PC with WG

s2skimon
06-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

I`m going to be applying WolfGang PrePolish and Sealant by way of my PC.

I have a few questions regarding this.

In applying the WG DACP or Pre Polish with the white pad..

what speed did you start at and what speed did you end at ?

How long did you leave it to haze before removal ?

How did you remove it ? by machine or mf towel ? or did you work it all in with the white pad ?

WG DG Sealant:

Apply with Black pad this time.. How long do you leave it to haze ? what speed 2-3 ?

How long did you let it cure ?

What do you remove it with ?

thanks

m

membim
06-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I applied the WG Prewax with a white pad on half a door, quarter hood etc. PC speed 3.5. Then wiped off (easily I might add) with a MF.

Apply WG sealant with black pad to entire vehicle. PC speed 2.5. Remove WG (quite easily I might add) with MF towel. I`ve had luck removing after 10 min and 1 hour. I personally think that if you wait over 30 minutes, that it will bond better and last longer.

You WILL be happy with the WG twins.

s2skimon
06-09-2004, 03:23 PM
excellent thanks.. I was thinking to try to work the prewax till dust.. now i`ll simply wipe off with MF towel..

Scottwax
06-09-2004, 06:14 PM
I applied the pre-cleaner using a finishing pad with a speed of 5 and the sealant by hand. I can apply it more thinly by hand than by PC.

TortoiseAWD
06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Personally, I`ve had better luck doing two or three panels with the pre-cleaner, then going back to wipe off. For me, at least, it seemed to remove more completely once hazed (I had minor smearing issues when I tried to wipe off immediately). YMMV, but it`s something to try if you have any difficulty removing the residue right away.

Tort