PDA

View Full Version : green square

Pages : [1] 2

Big Leegr
10-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Just out of curiosity, what`s the point of the little green square at the end of the user info (avatar, location, posts etc.)? I`ve noticed that most people are "on a distinguished road", but at least one person is listed as "we don`t know much about this member at this time" (paraphrased). These don`t seem to be attatched to length of time as a member or # of posts, that I can see. :dunno

The Fuzz
10-09-2004, 09:31 AM
There is a funny looking white thing to the right of the red or green light on the bottom of the profile side of the post. It looks like this: http://www.detailcity.com/forums/images/buttons/reputation.gif When someone says something you like then you can leave them feedback. Your status goes up as people leave you good notes. Look at your User CP and you`ll see what feedback people left for you and which post they read when they left it. check yours out and you`ll see it.

Big Leegr
10-09-2004, 11:04 PM
OK, so that`s an explanation of the Reputation GIF, but what about the little green box under user info? This doesn`t seem tied to reputation.

Also, can you lose rep. points as well as gain them?

Do you win a prize after accumulating so many? (Maybe a Mullet Wax kit? :naughty )

The Fuzz
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
That box will become more than one if you get enough points. Your status changes with the number of points that you get. Since it would be too easy to cheat on the reputation points by having someone give you one on every post, a contest to get to the highest number may not happen.

You can definitely lose them. When you give somebody points you can give them positive or negative points. It just reminds you to behave I guess. :naughty

mtodde
10-10-2004, 06:23 PM
I`ve noticed that you can`t give someone feedback more than once. I get a message telling me to spread it around first.

The Fuzz
10-10-2004, 06:39 PM
You can only leave feedback once on a post. You can give that one person as much feedback as you want if you want to go hunt down all their posts, but you can only give them props once per post. :bigups

Big Leegr
10-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Is there any way for a person to find out where comments have been left without checking each of their posts individually?

How can you find out who left said comments? (yours was just a comment, no signature/i.d.)

The Fuzz
10-11-2004, 07:05 AM
hmmm.... that is interesting. Usually it should have the user`s name that left the feedback. Admins must be an exception I guess. Everything is in the User CP. You won`t see your feedback on the post itself. Its all in your profile.

mtodde
10-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Does everyone start with 10 reputation points? Just curious because that`s what I`ve got. I don`t see anything on my CP about it.

Big Leegr
03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
`Nother question: Can you see how many points another person has? It didn`t whenever I left a point for someone else. And putting your cursor over the green square just tells you what "range" they`re in-ie, on a distinguished road, will soon be famous, has a few friends, etc.

Big Leegr
03-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Yet another question.... how can you see "older" points/comments? There seems to be a limit as to how many will show, and as you get more, the older ones get "pushed off" the list.

JaredPointer
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Yet another question.... how can you see "older" points/comments? There seems to be a limit as to how many will show, and as you get more, the older ones get "pushed off" the list.

I think it might only show 5 at a time....the newest 5.

Big Leegr
03-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Right....can you somehow access the "older than those 5" points? For old times sake, of course. ;)

The Fuzz
03-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I can see how many points someone has. :naughty You have 33, in case you were wondering. I don`t know that you can see more than the last 5. That`s all I can see too. I`ll look into it....

Beemerboy
03-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I think I`m in over my head on this one :LOLOL