PDA

View Full Version : #47 Hard Water Spot Remover

stevet
06-08-2004, 08:36 PM
I just recieved my Megs Pro Catalouge in the mail today. They also included the Marine Products Guide with it. In the Marine Guide was the Hard Water Spot Remover #47. It`s made for boats but would this work on cars? Is it safe for clear coats?

HotRodGuy
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
boats are clearcoated so as far as I know it should be safe for a car. Don`t listen to me for a final answer though. But it`s the same processes in painting both so I don`t see why there would be a difference.

stilez
06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Boats are actually gelcoated. They can take MUCH more abuse from the elements and from products.

Wait for a final word from Mike Philips. My vote would be no. I would just stick with a dedicated car polish. DACP or SFP.

Good Luck.

stevet
06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
#47 isn`t a polish or compound like DACP or Swirl Free Polish. It looks like a quick detailer type of product. It comes in a spray bottle like #34 Final Inspection.

Mike_Phillips
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Stevet...

I remember this product being tested on paint, but I don`t remember the results.

One important thing to remember, there are two kinds of water spots,

Etching - a defect in the paint

Deposits - A substance sitting on the surface

This product is for removing the second. I`ll ask to see what the results were when used on paint.

Mike