PDA

View Full Version : Megs 80 series on a solid coat?

PhilS
06-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I have been using Megs consumer range but I`ve just bought a PC so now I`m looking at Megs pro range. My car has black solid coat paintwork (2002 Saab 9-3). There are swirls which are noticable close-up in direct sunlight - I have applied ScratchX by hand and it did a fair job in reducing them but I guess I need the power of PC. I had been considering using #82, #83 (if #82 is not enough), #81 and finally #16 all after a good wash and clay. However, I`ve just found out that the 80 series is formulated for clear coats. Would this still be a good route to follow or could anyone suggest some alternatives (preferably from Megs since they are easy to source here in the UK). From previous advice given on here and megs uk board, I know I could subsitute #9 in place of #82. I also get the impression that #16 would be good on black.

One final question. What is the concensus in using PC pads on a solid coat and then on a clear coated car - obviously a wash inbetween would be useful but I am thinking that I may not get all the pigment from the solid coat out of the pad and transfer some to another car.

Cheers,

Phil

JustinR32
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I`ve used the #83, #82 and #81 on single stage paint with excellent results.

My experience is that the pigment won`t transfer, at all. Not even a little bit. It`s more important to use one pad per product, to not mix products on the same pad.

Tom

Jesstzn
06-08-2004, 11:18 PM
I used #83 on a single stage that was bad oxidized and the pad washed clean with Dawn.

PhilS
06-09-2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the replies - very helpful :up