PDA

View Full Version : Lighten Up ??

Vettecor
06-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I have a 1994 White Chrysler Lebaron Convertible. Because of Chrysler`s lousy paint I have a few areas on the hood where the paint flaked off. The rest of the car is in great shape.

I sanded the areas and painted those areas with Dupli-color paint. Now of course the areas I painted are darker than the rest of the hood.

Is there a product I can use that will lighten up those painted areas and blend nicely with the rest of the hood.

I tried rubbing compound and it did lighten up a little but I would probably have to do it 30 or more times to get it to match!

It also has to be something I can put on and take off by hand. I don`t have any polishers or sanders.

Thanks in advance.

Larry

Vettecor
06-09-2004, 07:41 PM
ANYBODY ????

andriver
06-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Larry, I`ll try to chime in. Instead of trying to lighten the rest of the hood consider restoring the remainder of the hood. Sounds like you might have some oxidation. Consider using Einszett UPP. Although I think you will get best results using a PC, you can try using it by hand.

1Z UPP should work well in lifting the oxidation and helping restore the paint surface. You will need to follow up with 1Z PP to remove any marring. Good luck.