PDA

View Full Version : Pad & Bonnet Question

imported_uflraptor
06-08-2004, 09:10 AM
I’m looking for some direction. I’ve finally decided to purchase a PC. I’d like to thank everyone here for the wealth of information they’ve provided. I’ve spend many hours reading the information contained in this sight.

I know there are tons of varying opinions on what pads to use but I’m still a little confused. I found a number of products at CMA that I’m very interested in. I intend to purchase the Orange Power Pads for applying polish and I’m considering the Micro Finger Finishing Pad for applying wax. Does anyone have experience with these products?

I’m also looking for some direction on what to use to remove both my polish and wax. I was considering the Viper Microfiber Bonnets but I’ve heard conflicting reports on these.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn

Accumulator
06-08-2004, 10:25 AM
uflraptor- I`d stay away from the Micro-Fingers pads for applying your wax (or, IMO, anything else). I *did not* like them and Anthony only uses the PC-size ones for cleaning leather and vinyl, *not* for use on paint. Stick with the regular Lake (gray) finishing pads (or the red ones from Griot`s, or the Meg`s finishing pads).

The Viper MF bonnets are OK, but they aren`t all *that* soft, IMO. Fine for some paints, not for others. And bonnets that are used over wool aren`t my faves- the wool flattens out sorta quickly, reducing the cushioning. I use bonnets that fit over foam pads.

The best MF bonnets I`ve found for the PC are probably the Meg`s Ultimate Bonnets. These work fine for removing polishes and LSPs. I use mine over a Meg`s (maroon) cutting pad. Get plenty of them as the can load up sorta fast (especially when you`re using them to remove polish). The various "suede-style" MFs work well for removing sealants, but the Meg`s bonnets are more all-around useful.