PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive advertising !!!

Clean Dean
10-08-2004, 01:21 PM
I have received numerous PM`s about starting out as a mobile detailer and advertising and I have decided to summarize what has worked for me.

As a part-time mobile detailer, I am always looking for ways to grow my business without spending thousands on ineffective advertising. I have found the following to be most effective.

1.) Professional lettering on your truck. (Do not skimp here !!!) I paid $300 for my lettering and it had paid for itself in 1 day !!!

2.) Get your cards out to those in a related automotive business. I have gotten many jobs from a local automotive repair location. Give the manager a free detail, it will go a long way !!!

3.) Advertise at www.detailingdirectory.com !!! At $50 a year you cannot go wrong !!! I recently picked up about 5-6 jobs through that site, and I picked up a job with a large company that turned out being my largest (and lucrative) job to date !!!

4.) Website, website, website !!!

Good Luck !!!

wifehatescar
10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Dean-

Just wondering how a potential customer would find the detailing directory site. Is it easily found through :google ???

I wonder how many customers would find me through there compared to typing in "auto detailing ann arbor" (In Yahoo I come up as the first link that actually has a working detailing site :bigups)

Woob
10-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Clean Dean how about distributing Business Cards like crazy? I`ve though of talking to my friends and asking em how my cards look. "Does detail stand out enough?" :lol

Clean Dean
10-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Google search...

Detailing Directory...

Results ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=detailing+directory

wifehatescar
10-08-2004, 08:36 PM
I guess what I`m asking is how many people might type in "detailing directory"? If I was looking as a customer I would type in my city and then "detailing" or "auto detailing" :dunno

Clean Dean
10-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Detailing Directory = $50/year

If you get (1) job out of it you should at the very least break even (you should still make a few $$$).

It worked out extremely well for me. You decide.

As for vehicle graphics. My opinion ... MUST HAVE !!!

Website... AS IMPORTANT AS A PHONE NUMBER !!!

Connections... Make or break !!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

Luv-N-It
10-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Great suggestions Dean! Before even reading your post, I was going to add something to it,but you had already went down the road of local repair shops. I did this early this week and picked up one car the mechanic was fixing some very minor things on for the owner. The owner was getting ready to sell it and had even asked the mechanic/owner if he knew of anyone close who did auto detailing. Now, I need to give the mechanic a free one, however, I told him I would do it anyway before picking up a refereral from him. :)

top detailer
10-09-2004, 11:39 AM
My best way of advertising is my local phone book (yellow pages). I get so many hits it`s rediculous. I`m really amazed from the results. Also, I used a banner when i`m in a large parking lot. The banner attaches to my pop up canopy. Finally there is the logo thats on my Van.

Clean Dean
10-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Yellow pages. What did they charge per year?

top detailer
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
My best way of advertising is my local phone book (yellow pages). I get so many hits it`s rediculous. I`m really amazed from the results. Also, I used a banner when i`m in a large parking lot. The banner attaches to my pop up canopy. Finally there is the logo thats on my Van.
I pay $94 per month. I`m listed in three different publications. It really worth the money. It has increased my business anywhee from 25 to 30%.