PDA

View Full Version : Diluting PB`s Natural Look Dressing?

maecrispy
06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
For those of you that use Poorboy`s Natural Look for interior work, do any of you dilute it and if so, at what ratio?

I ask primarily because of the smell. It works great for me but the smell is just too much for me when I`m working with it. Plus, I just got my first complaint about it the other day from a customer that said that the smell, while not unpleasant, was overpowering.

So I`m wondering if diluting it would help get rid of some of the smell... thoughts?

imported_Unreal
06-07-2004, 11:51 AM
I always thought the nice cherry smell it provided was a nice addiction.

Was the formula changed and not smell like cherry anymore?

maecrispy
06-07-2004, 11:54 AM
It still smells like cherries and I do like the smell... it`s just too much of a good thing for me.

Also, the customer that complained about the smell didn`t say it was a bad smell either. For him, it just overpowered the smell of the leather conditioner I put on his seats which he *really* likes a lot.

andriver
06-07-2004, 12:12 PM
I don`t find the odor overpowering. Nevertheless, some people are very sensitive to smells. All the interior dressings I have used have some special smell. The least overpowering I have used is 1Z Cockpit Premium. Perhaps with this customer, you should just wipe down the interior with water.

imported_Unreal
06-07-2004, 12:15 PM
I must agree with andriver I really like the smell and dont find it over powering. Heck my old truck had vinyl floors and I use to use it on the floor after i got them clean becuase it wasnt greasy.

Some people really react different to different smells. I for one am blessed with a high tolerance and no alergies to get affected by them.

disasnguy
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Give Steve a PM (Poorboys). He should be able to figure out a dilution ratio since he makes it. I too like the smell but it is a little overpowering. After a few days the smell goes away but the first few days I keep the windows open.

wifehatescar
06-07-2004, 12:52 PM
How about using 303 instead? They look very similar and I don`t remember 303 smelling as much (?)

Corey Bit Spank
06-07-2004, 01:08 PM
I didn`t even know it had a smell. Gosh now I`m going to have to go out and smell it!

maecrispy
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey all... Steve sent me a couple of good suggestions regarding NL`s scent. Thought I`d pass it on to you guys:

------------------

Poorboy wrote on 06-07-2004 11:29 PM:

I would suggest just leaving the top off the bottle to allow the scent to evaporate....I think by diluting it you will effect performance, looks, and UV protection.

An alternative would be to get Bold N Bright and dilute that for interior use..it has no scent and can be diluted 3:1 for a similar look as Natural Look..

------------------

I`ll be trying both (since I have BnB) and see which works better for me.

disasnguy
06-09-2004, 12:55 AM
let us know maecrispy. im curious about the BnB too.