PDA

View Full Version : Removing swirls

CarKrazy
06-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello guys,

Sent my car for servicing and the dealer washed the car dispite the fact that I told them "No Washing". As a result there are swirls all over the car.

I plan to use the following products with an orbit polisher.

1) Meguiars Deep crystal system step 1

2) Meguiars Deep crystal system step 2

3) Meguiars #16 paste wax

Any comments on the above combo? Is #16 a good choice?

Accumulator
06-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, the #16 is a good choice, but I dunno about the Deep Crystal. Make sure it actually has abrasives in it (seem to recall it`s nonabrasive, but I could very well be wrong on that). If *I* were gonna fix it with a Meg`s product, I`d probably use #80 Speed Glaze and then put the #16 over it.

Glossequation
06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Yeah, the #16 is a good choice, but I dunno about the Deep Crystal. Make sure it actually has abrasives in it (seem to recall it`s nonabrasive, but I could very well be wrong on that). If *I* were gonna fix it with a Meg`s product, I`d probably use #80 Speed Glaze and then put the #16 over it.

I`m going to tout 3M`s PI-III MG...stuff is absolutely amazing. Perhaps partly because I was so horribly dissapointed with SMR, but I found the MG to do a wonderful job with a PC on 4-5-5 (apply with 4 and pressure, bump to 5 w/light pressure, remain on 5 with no pressure for product pickup).

And as always, top with #16.

Accumulator
06-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by blackcaraddict

I`m going to tout 3M`s PI-III MG...stuff is absolutely amazing. Perhaps partly because I was so horribly dissapointed with...

Yeah, the 05397 is *my* go-to product in the 3M line too. I bump the PC up to 6 with it, though.