PDA

View Full Version : S&W vs. QEW

lmnmarang
10-08-2004, 07:03 AM
So is there any diff.between S&W and QEW?

Bob
10-08-2004, 07:05 AM

S&W is more of a quick detailer I think. QEW is more of a wash. I would not dump some S&W into a bucket of water and wash my car....That is what Super Slick & Suds is for. ;)

Poorboy
10-08-2004, 07:51 AM

They are two totally different types of products...

Spray and Wipe is exactly what it says..Spray and Wipe ...do it anytime anywhere..

QEW..is a two bucket product that needs access to water and then needs to be washed , just no rinse step ...

neither should be used for heavy mud or caked on dirt, and both are best if used on well maintained vehicles...

awd330
10-08-2004, 10:03 AM
They are two totally different types of products...

Spray and Wipe is exactly what it says..Spray and Wipe ...do it anytime anywhere..

QEW..is a two bucket product that needs access to water and then needs to be washed , just no rinse step ...

neither should be used for heavy mud or caked on dirt, and both are best if used on well maintained vehicles...
:yeah
I have both products. I like to use S&W when the car is not dirty enough for a full hose/bucket wash, but is too dirty for most QD sprays. (I use a 3:1 mixture of Spray & Wipe with Meguiar`s Final Detail for my regular QD efforts). I purchased QEW to use in place of regular hose/bucket washing during winter months and times of water restrictions. I don`t think it will completely replace a full traditional wash for me, but it certainly comes in handy when a traditional wash is not possible or practical. Note: A pre-soak with Spray and Wipe seems to make QEW washing even more effective. I`ve read that some people actually put an ounce of S&W into their QEW buckets for extra lubricity. I plan to try that method this winter.

Focusedonsound
10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
What is QEW? One of the few abbreveations that I haven`t learnd/seen much of!

JaredPointer
10-08-2004, 11:07 AM

Quick & Easy Wash. QEW (http://www.protectall.com/qe.aspx)

Bob
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Quick Easy Wash

G35stilez
10-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I`m with Marj.

S+W for most jobs lately. Not much rain so I can S+W every 3-5 days safely.

With QEW, I use it for dirtier jobs. I add an ounce of S+W in and it definatley makes a difference. Thinking about adding some QD as well for gloss enhancing.

Bill D
10-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Someone compared the two fairly recently over on Autopia: S&W better than QEW mixture in spray bottle

lmnmarang
10-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the help everyone!Still learning so bear w/me. :angel

JimS
10-12-2004, 09:26 AM
I`ve used almost 10 gallons of S&W. GREAT STUFF.