PDA

View Full Version : how many coats should i use?

schneider325
06-05-2004, 10:10 PM
i am buying

1... Menzerna Intensive Polish

2...Klasse ALL-IN-ONE, 10 oz

3...Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

I know i should only use one coat for the intensive polish.

How many for the AIO? and how long do i have to wait till the next coat

how many for the SG? and how long do i have to wait till the next coast?

And should I ad the menzarna final polish before teh AIO? or would the AIO do the same thing?

freedre
06-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Here`s what I would do.

O coats of AIO, followed by O x 1,000,000,000 coats of SG.

Then I would try anything else, including `NuFinish`

I`ve tried everything and the `Klasse twins` are still screwing me up.

@#$%^&*()_!!!!!!!!

beastie
06-05-2004, 11:42 PM
I would follow up the IP with FP and then 2 applications of AIO, back-to-back , to ensure full coverage. Then immediately apply the 1st coat of SG. Wait at least 24 hours for subsequent layers of SG. Many wait a week in between SG layers. You won`t be too impressed until after the 2nd coat. After 5 coats, the improvements become less visible and become more of a maintenance thing.

SVR
06-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by beastie

I would follow up the IP with FP and then 2 applications of AIO, back-to-back , to ensure full coverage. Then immediately apply the 1st coat of SG. Wait at least 24 hours for subsequent layers of SG. Many wait a week in between SG layers. You won`t be too impressed until after the 2nd coat. After 5 coats, the improvements become less visible and become more of a maintenance thing.

That`s the same as what I`ve done. It`s pretty hard for some of us to wait 24 hours before applying another coat or three as our cars are slightly dirty or very dirty again. For most of us you can keep your car clean for quite some time but where I am, our driveway is gravel and in summer that means dust from cars driving in and out all day long and I work at a poultry farm and the dust there is incredible. Sometimes I can keep it clean for four to five days and then wash it again. Also when you only have one car, you can`t apply the other coats of SG after it`s been driven. Even if it`s very clean it would still have some road grime on it possibly.

I`ve added four coats of SG this week to a car in a matter of two hours and it worked brilliantly. Obviously leaving it on overnight and then taking it off and waiting 24 hours would provide better results.

imported_Sullybob
06-06-2004, 05:14 AM
freedre do a search for Billnorth (one word) and his wipe on wipe off method. I used it the first time I used SG. I found it to be as easy to apply and remove as any wax I have ever used.

schneider325
06-06-2004, 11:36 AM
thanks beastie and SVR i will deffinetly do that!

I would want to use the cutting pad for the IP and everthing else i should use the polish pad ( FP, AIO, SG)? right

oo ya im looking for a good deal on a porter cable. It lowes they have the porter cable but its a sander? Its only like 110$ so thats a good deal. Is this the same thing i get on the internet for 130$? I i would need is the pads and backings right?