PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy headlight transformation

JaCkaL829
06-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Today I helped my friend clean up his father`s Camry headlights. These lights were extremely cloudly and hazed. We tried a couple things, first was goof off and thats a big no no. It left a sticky residue all over. We played around with a couple cleaners in his garage. We went with scrubbing them down with a brillo pad and some comet. We then polished them with Automag-Chrome Metal Polish applied via Waxmaster. I was actually surprised with the Waxmaster, it did a pretty good job. We then topped them with some Gold Class. The pictures speak for themself. Definately an improvement and avoiding spending $80 for headlights is always a plus. :up

JaCkaL829
06-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Here are all the products we toyed around with. Any look familiar???

stilez
06-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Nice work.

I`ve read that straight up metal polish applied generously works magic, so you probably coulda skipped the other steps, but there is nothing like a hands on learning experience :xyxthumbs

imported_Sullybob
06-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Nice job. How long did it take you from start to finish? What did they look like after the comet?

JaCkaL829
06-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks...i wasn`t to sure about the metal polish but it seemed to work pretty good so we went straight to it on the 2nd light. Start to finish was maybe 2 hours. We really weren`t in a rush it was a light drizzle on and off today so it killed my opportunity of detailing anyones car, it turned out to be a pretty boring Saturday. After the comet most of the yellow cloudiness was remove but it was still a little unclear, the metal polish and buffer really cleared up, after that you were able to see the bulb..lol