PDA

View Full Version : Sealant vs Car Wash

Major
06-05-2004, 06:51 PM
There is plenty of information and great reviews for a number car wash soap products.

My question is there one that is best for SG, that will not leave a coating/film over SG, so a person could layer another coat of SG without worrying about whether it will adhere or not?

Thanks

Major

imported_BretFraz
06-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I`d suggest something mild like P21S shampoo and stay away from products that leave some kind of shine agent like 1Z Perls.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-05-2004, 10:57 PM
P21S works best for me as it is mild and just seems to roll off your paint.

beastie
06-05-2004, 11:10 PM
I use Eagle One or Gold Class to wash. I sometimes have added a half capful of AIO in the wash water. While it absolutely kills the suds, looks weird on the paint during the wash (the water just sheets as if there was no wax or sealant on the car), once I rinse and dry the car, I would not find it necessary to qd the car. I have applied SG after such a wash and it seems to give a slight advantage as far as ease of SG application is concerned. I use WOWO method.

Accumulator
06-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I use Griot`s Car Wash on SGed vehicles. It doesn`t leave anything behind and it is *very* gentle on the SG. Great lubricity, too.

Bill D
06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Hmm..I have some Perls, havent used it, could the shine( film?) it leaves behind be that detrimental? I thought it was one of the best sheeting washes too. :nixweiss

Fleet
06-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I`ve used Perls, and I believe the "film" it leaves behind enhances the SG. It is not carnauba or wax. As I understand it, it is a mild form of a polymer sealant for a little added protection. Kind of like a detailing spray, but much milder.

ashsarna
06-07-2004, 11:06 AM
I have Megs GC wash and it has been:up . It really builds the suds up and sheets off the car. Great price too.

I use poorboy spray & Wipe afterwards (the single best product that I have).

3Wheeler
06-07-2004, 11:26 PM
I`m planning my first major detail of my new car, and have decided that the Klasse twins will be the foundation.

I`ve also tentatively decided to use Sonus products, including their "Gloss Shampoo." I`m more or less assuming that the compatibility between Klasse and the Sonus Acrylic Spritz extends to Sonus`s other products as well.

I was also considering doing a QEW wash as the start of the process, but I just get the feeling that for a major detail it`s best to get out the hose instead.

Major
06-07-2004, 11:40 PM
The responses have been great! You have provided much to think about.

I am trying to get down to few products that I find work best but every time I read some great review I start thinking this is the product I need! This is a never ending battle, just in these few replys to my question I can see there is no cut and dried product.

I appreciate everyone`s response, I believe for the most part my question has been answered.

Thanks

Major