PDA

View Full Version : how can factories keep up with making microfiber

III
06-05-2004, 07:22 AM
I was in K-mart the other day and I noticed they now have microfiber in their automotive section. Think of all the sources to buy microfiber now. K-mart, Target, Walmart, Autozone, Checker, Blain`s Farm & Fleet, and all the numerous on-line vendors that carry the stuff.

This leads me to the question about how can the factories in Korea and China keep up with the demand? Do they make thousands of towels for each supplier/vendor, or do they just make billions of towels and then ship them over here where vendors will put their own label on them and market them with a name? I ask this because with all the microfiber that`s out there I wonder if the stuff is somewhat the same from vendor to vendor to a point? The only difference would be it`s marketed different? I`m not implying that vendors/retailers do this, but I`m just curious.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-05-2004, 10:59 AM
If you ask someone about MF, 90% of the people won`t know what you`re talking about.

Compared to items that are produced on a much grander scale I wouldn`t worry about the logistics of it. If vendors are fraudelant with their methods, the towel falling apart after a few washes will raise a red flag with consumers pretty quickly.

roadman
06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Most private label products are made in very large quantities,buy some the same companies that make the well know label, then re-packaged for a particular store.

Look at Kenmore for example. Sears does not make a washer, dryer, or oven. In most cases Maytag, GE and others, make these products for Sears and put the Kenmore label on them.

medic159
06-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Believe me, the yardage required to produce towels for what the market demands is FAR smaller than demands for fabrics for clothing. Also keep in mind that not everything comes from China or Korea.

Bill D
06-05-2004, 05:10 PM
I`m finding next to nothing availible locally can compare to the true high quality mfs you can find at the renown online retailers. The DF Towel for example, is extremely unique. Currently, I still think mfs fall under the old saying," you get what you pay for". On the other hand, gradually that may change.