PDA

View Full Version : Which of the following wax/sealant on White Pearl?

imported_FLAWLESS
06-05-2004, 01:37 AM
My future father-in-law just bought a 1979 Corvette, White Pearl. There aren`t many paint problems to speak of other than a few swirls. What I want to know is which sealant and wax to use on it, as I haven`t worked on many white pearl finishes. I have the following, but if there`s something I don`t have that you feel strongly would give better results, chime in as well.

Pinnacle Souveran

Wolfgang

MPPP

Gold Class Liquid

NXT

3M Perfect It Show Car Liquid (Doubt this one)

So, any of you get good results with on this color with any of the above? I`m also open to suggestions on polish/glaze stage, as I have #7, #82, #9, WG Pre Wax Polish, and some others I can`t think of at this late hour. What combo makes it pop?

ALAN81
06-05-2004, 07:55 AM
NXT with SOUVERN on top,SOUVERN is in a class all by itself. NOT much in the duarbilty

AND by the way I use 3m SHOW CAR LIQUID and paste its a GREAT product but it shows up better on darker cars

imported_FLAWLESS
06-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Souveran over NXT rather than over Wolfgang? Hmm, I`d try it.

Anyone else?

And yes I agree on the 3m, good wax but better for dark colors.

Accumulator
06-05-2004, 11:38 AM
I`ll second the Souveran recommendation. Putting it over a sealant will help things last longer (and probably look better too), but I`ve used Souveran over (Audi) pearl white and it looked great. I wouldn`t have a preference between the MPP, WG, and NXT, I`d put the Souveran over one of those.

Sveta
06-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I like WG better than NXT, but that`s just me.

It`s not on your list but VM + EX + #16 is MY favorite white combo. Very bright, wet and durable. By all means use your Souveran instead of #16 if you like, but I like #16`s durability. When I`m lazy after a wash I "touch up" this combo with S-100.

(I`d use the WG followed by Souveran... from what`s on your list.) :usa

imported_ajbarnes
06-05-2004, 02:20 PM
I have found that VM/CMW is killer on pearl and not to mention, several other colors!

petraidm
06-05-2004, 05:48 PM
I just completed a crystal pearl RX330 with the WG Twins ... Vehicle looks / feels great

imported_FLAWLESS
06-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. So far I`m leaning towards WG twins, then Souveran. That should give some nice results.

imported_FordTaurus
06-05-2004, 08:02 PM
While it`s not on your list, a Blackfire combo might be worth checking out too. I`ve been very happy with the look of Blackfire on white.

Scottwax
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ajbarnes

I have found that VM/CMW is killer on pearl and not to mention, several other colors!

Same with VM/EX-P, as in this Escalade:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/10992003_Escalade_ESV_EXP_rear.jpg