PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Watt halogen akin to `the rack`

Harkonen
06-05-2004, 01:06 AM
I just made the mistake of picking up a 1000 watt halogen light and pointing it at my black CLK. UGH!!!:scared

I read someone else here a day or two ago that referred to this as torture... now I know why!

I`m so discouraged at the condition of my paint... bah!:angry

Seems hopeless.

tpgsr
06-05-2004, 01:22 AM
I love 1000 watt halogen, even worse one of my Big contract customers just picked up a 1500 wat lamp to inspect the work when i finish.... Pearl white paint on the cars, and they glisten every time!! (even the 14 seater) Oh did i mention these are LIMOS! try attaining a perfect shine on a limo... I am just waiting to get to do the 24 seater Expeditions, black, all 3 of them. :)

rickindy
06-05-2004, 03:55 AM
A halogen light lets us know that maybe we aren`t as good as we think we are. On the other hand, if it looks good under the halogen, it will look great in the Sun. It helps prevent "surprises" when you finally get done with the car and take it out for the first time.

Hang in there, it`s all part of the process.

Harkonen
06-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by rickindy

A halogen light lets us know that maybe we aren`t as good as we think we are. On the other hand, if it looks good under the halogen, it will look great in the Sun. It helps prevent "surprises" when you finally get done with the car and take it out for the first time.

Hang in there, it`s all part of the process.

Thanks.... feel better after a night`s sleep. Certainly, it`s better to like the car when you take it outside than it it would be to think it looks great and be horrified in the sun by things you could not see.

I think I am now convined that the real key to detailing success (happiness) is partial blindess.:idea