PDA

View Full Version : This is what I have...what`s the best plan of attack?

motobuild
06-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Meg`s Yellow Polishing Pad

3M Glazing Pad (05729)

DACP

SFP

S100 SEPC

S100 Wax

White 2001 Jetta...swirls all over the place. I was thinking about this:

Wash

Clay

Yellow Pad + SFP if that doesn`t work then Yellow Pad + DACP

S100 with 3M Glazing Pad or try to find a Meg`s Finishing Pad locally.

S100 Wax By hand.

Yah...nay? Any suggestions? I was going to go with the Menzerna line, but I found this stuff locally. I haven`t purchased the DACP or the SFP yet so that can change but I would have to order online.

Thanks!

Accumulator
06-05-2004, 11:06 AM
I think you`re gonna need more pads no matter what. I myself would go with 1Z polishes, but if you go with the Meg`s stuff, you can pretty much assume you`re gonna need the DACP/polishing pad combo, then the SFP/polishing pad. Then you`ll need another pad for the P21s GEPC if you want to do it by PC.

It`s not all that critical to use a glazing/finishing pad for the last pre-wax work, a regular polishing pad will work OK.

LOTA OT
06-05-2004, 11:17 AM
VW clear is pretty hard (at least it is on my passat), so you can probably just go right ahead and use the DACP and a polishing pad. Like Accumlator mentioned, you`ll probably want a few more pads to follow up with finer polishes.

Let us know how it comes out.

motobuild
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys,

I`m debating on just buying some Menzerna or some 1Z (any suggestions as far as the 1Z goes? Lots of swirls, but I don`t think they are too deep).

And suggestions on pads? The ones properautocare.com look pretty decent.

racsos
06-05-2004, 02:20 PM
i was a newbie and went ahead with the 1z polishes and they are great. Very easy to use. I almost feel like they are fool proof u really cant mess anything up unless u are purposely trying to. I love the stuff. If this is ur first time trying to polish ur car i would strongly recommend the 1z line.