PDA

View Full Version : What products should I start off with?

hioctane
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
What`s products do you guys recommend besides zaino for waxing and polishing?

I have purchased a lot of wax and none of them seem to give me the shine I want. I have the meguiar wax gold class # 3 , the meguiar quick wax, zymol cleaner wax and the the quick turtle spray wax. I`m using nufinish polish, but I heard it eats through the vinyl and rubber.....

PFDarkside
06-04-2004, 11:59 AM
What car, how old and in what color? What condition is the paint in? Perfect, minor swirls, major swirling? Do you want to hand apply polishes or possibly get a Dual Action buffer? Are you looking for durability, ultimate gloss, ultimate depth, a reasonable combination? How often do you like to fully detail your car?

Give more info and you shall recieve more info. :)

Wasatch
06-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Also look into these products: 1Z, Poorboy`s, and Clearkote.

hioctane
06-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by PFDarkside

What car, how old and in what color? What condition is the paint in? Perfect, minor swirls, major swirling? Do you want to hand apply polishes or possibly get a Dual Action buffer? Are you looking for durability, ultimate gloss, ultimate depth, a reasonable combination? How often do you like to fully detail your car?

Give more info and you shall recieve more info. :)

1992 Mr2

dark aquamarine green

paint is in good condition for a 12 year old car looks good still

minor swirls.

both hand apply and buffer

i buff once every 3 months and hand apply every other month to keep paint coming off because I have no money for a new paint job

Im looking for the reasonable comination, but can you also recommend products for an ultimate gloss and depth thnks

I detail my car once a month

thinksnow
06-04-2004, 12:37 PM
With that said, I suggest #7 followed with #16.

ericthebikeman
06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
I`ve had good results on Silver with Klasse AIO & SG on paint with minimal swirling. Some BMW & Benz dealers have it otherwise it is online. It is pretty glossy and AIO can be applyed with a PC or by hand. SG can be applied by machine but it can waste product.

1Z worked pretty good for swirl removal.

PaUlzRiDe
06-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey Hioctane,

If you want a really great set of products for your car, definately consideration would be A-UV. Over all seems to outperform zaino-WG and AIO in slickness and durability, produces awesome shine and by far the best bang for the buck.....

Ive used the Zaino, WG and AIO, they work good. A-UV is the bomb! I saw a banner advertised on here earlier... in case you didn` see it...

www.amino-uv.com

ALAN81
06-05-2004, 06:20 AM
How about POORBOYS SSR2 then follow with NATTYS WAX $37 dollar investment with shipping, takes out swirls and NATTY`S gives you a clear deep shine.

jeff5614
06-05-2004, 08:47 AM
I can`t attest for the durability since I`ve just used it within the last couple of weeks but WG looks great on our red and carbon gray acuras. It goes on very easily by hand and looks and feels slicker than any of the over the counter products I`ve used.

jfelbab
06-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by hioctane

What`s products do you guys recommend besides zaino for waxing and polishing?

I have purchased a lot of wax and none of them seem to give me the shine I want. I have the meguiar wax gold class # 3 , the meguiar quick wax, zymol cleaner wax and the the quick turtle spray wax. I`m using nufinish polish, but I heard it eats through the vinyl and rubber.....

Hey highocatane.

Here is what I use on my MR2.

1. Gold Class Wash (two bucket method)

2. clay

3. Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (MPPC)

3a. If defects remain, #82 (SFP)

3b. If defects remain, #83 (DACP)

4. Polish with #7 SCG or #81

5. #26 High Tech Yellow Wax or NXT Tech Wax.

Since your finish is very dark, almost black, either of these products will deepen the color and add depth and gloss. #16 is very durable for a carnauba but #26 or NXT looks better on dark colors IMO.

Once your paint is restored to like new condition, and since you detail every month your maintenance should be much easier.

1. Wash

2. MPPC

3. #7 or #81

4. #26 or NXT

Oh, BTW, reserve that nufinish for your firewall or underside of the hood and engine covers.

You`ve seen my MR2 and it is 14 years old and still looks like new.

BrianR
06-05-2004, 04:26 PM
The A-UV is definately a sound investments... I think natty`s is a little $pricey... with A-uv or even WG, your looking at about $25-$30 bucks and long lasting protection...

hioctane
06-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by jfelbab

Hey highocatane.

Here is what I use on my MR2.

1. Gold Class Wash (two bucket method)

2. clay

3. Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (MPPC)

3a. If defects remain, #82 (SFP)

3b. If defects remain, #83 (DACP)

4. Polish with #7 SCG or #81

5. #26 High Tech Yellow Wax or NXT Tech Wax.

Since your finish is very dark, almost black, either of these products will deepen the color and add depth and gloss. #16 is very durable for a carnauba but #26 or NXT looks better on dark colors IMO.

Once your paint is restored to like new condition, and since you detail every month your maintenance should be much easier.

1. Wash

2. MPPC

3. #7 or #81

4. #26 or NXT

Oh, BTW, reserve that nufinish for your firewall or underside of the hood and engine covers.

You`ve seen my MR2 and it is 14 years old and still looks like new.

thnks jfelbab and everyone who replied

I think ill try #26 or NXT